Yet another thread for the purposes of awarding a cockpunch

Fast fingers Kempton :joy::joy:

1 Like

We have FS in the broad sense that anyone can say anything, ie unless your mush is stitched shut no one can stop you speaking. So we have FS. People often forget that so does everybody else. When someone says something everyone has the right to comment on it.

It often occurs to me that what people actually mean by FS is that ‘I should be able to speak my mind without consequence’

Captain Obvious at your service

Britain: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Censorship_in_the_United_Kingdom

USA: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech_in_the_United_States

There are shed loads of exceptions in the UK, some very broad.

Exactly my point. You can say whatever the fuck you like but there may be consequences.

That’s not free speech then you blithering idiot! It’s like saying you’re free to stab people in the eye, ignoring the minor issue of a long jail sentence!

You are free to stab someone - but there will be consequences.

That’s the view of the law. It is recognised that STOPPING people saying or doing bad things is impossible. The only way to deal with it is through punishment.

We don’t have free speech and there is a vast difference between calling someone a cunt and inciting racial or homophobic violence etc.

Some people can’t or won’t self censor and I think the law is fair as it stands.

I totally agree that the law is about right at the moment. It may need to change again to reflect societal changes, habits etc

Stephen Fry is a bell end.

3 Likes

Indeed, some people never know when to shut up.

2 Likes

Probably far more than the cunts who by action or inaction allowed the Grenfell Tower to become a death trap. Those are the cunts that really offend me. I doubt any one will go down

2 Likes

Some mardy arsed old duffer and occasional meat visitor summed it up rather nicely I thought and since i can’t cut n paste on PC for now, I precis him…

Burn a cardboard model and go to jail a criminal, be responsible for the fire in an actual building where 72 people died and participate in a lessons learnt exercise.

5 Likes

The cunts that did this want shooting…

one toe at a time, then fingers

Words fail me with this next one…

One to the nadgers for Yorkshire Water, final demand because they’ve stopped taking the DD that we have set up.
So tried to log on, had to create an account, does the confirmation email come through? :unamused:
Tried on-line chat, anyone there? :unamused:
call on the phone and they asked for my date of birth! WTF does that have to do with water supply i asked, silence. Well it’s to confirm who you are, me “do you have it already?” err no well fuck off then :grimacing:

1 Like

Microsoft wankers for the ‘new’ Microshite Outlook Live web email service which is full of bugs and is about 10 times slower than the version it replaced. Yeah I really needed a few more options on some shite somewhere, not. Cunts.

2 Likes

A self-administered punch in the goolies for not checking what I was actually typing in a Skype chat this afternoon at work.

I wanted to write “bigger”. Alas the B and N keys are adjacent…

Luckily for me the recipient took it in good humour.

7 Likes

fucking family weddings! we managed to last until about 2200, luckily SiL was understanding.

1 Like