Yet another thread for the purposes of awarding a cockpunch

Most of these calls can be eliminated by staying silent when you pick up the phone, then the dialing machine doesn’t shunt you through to a teleseller, the line will just go dead instead.

Putting the phone down?

4 Likes

Yeah, that works quite well too :smiley:

I’d prefer recommendations on not picking the bastard up in the first place. Once I’m up I might as well have a chat.

Turn the ringer off and just let the answerphone answer it, 90% switch off at an answerphone.

1 Like

Unfortunately so do the very few friends I have left :sob:

If I didn’t need broadband I wouldn’t have a phone line at all. The one I have is ex directory and it hardly ever rings. I don’t give the number out to many people.
Mobile phone does everything I need.

1 Like

Kev, is your street cabled up? I got a quote from virgin for just unlimited fast broadband and it was about £20pm.

I wanted to do it, but Claire wouldn’t let me because her mum and dad won’t ring mobiles.

My Dad still only rings me on the landline after 6pm because he thinks it’s still cheaper. :grin: He has never rang me on my mobile.

3 Likes

my Dad thinks he can only ring mobiles from his mobile, and landlines from his landline.

4 Likes

My mum leaves voicemails as if they are letters "Dear Cosmo, …regards, mum.

11 Likes

have the phone line, don’t put a phone on it, works for me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Q

how do you turn a three hour train journey into a six hour train journey?

A

Call yourself Northern Rail and pretend you can run a train service.

CUNTS

5 Likes

Me too. I don’t even know the number for the landline since we moved.

Checked the Virgin web site, not available for my address :persevere:

lucky you !

of course since for >5 years their website has reported that I can’t despite 2 neighbours having connections and from the ground box at the end of my drive!! they do seem to have ‘special’ engineers drawing plans

every so often they have a new sales person in my area who comes with a “deal” to sign me up - looks cheap but VERY slow connection and the price jumps after 12 months or so, to more than I am paying for full, unlimited BTO fibre

they always leave after several cock punches (verbal of course), never to return

Oh look… a police officer and a paedophile. He’ll have fun in prison :+1:

He’s going to end up with an arsehole like a windsock.

5 Likes

Few days on rule 43 then off to an open prison

Saucepans that aren’t non-stick can have one. It’s 2018 FFS - why wouldn’t you??!