Yet another thread for the purposes of awarding a cockpunch

I’m calling fucking bullshit.

And even if it weren’t, you’re willing to discount attempts?

4 Likes

They are absolutely not. That may have been the initial reason for installing them but they are for general safety and security. Also school security is regularly reviewed hence the recent change to obscured view fences.
Do you also think DBS checks for school personnel are also a waste of resources?

2 Likes

Yep, they merely prove you haven’t been caught. Of course the money to a private contractor to run the check has nothing to do with the requirement to do different ones for every organisation…

Fucking hell. I can’t believe people are so bitter over a few quid being spent on trying to keep kids safe from harm. So the system sucks, I agree it should still be the police doing the checks and they should have a budget to facilitate it, blame the government for that. The fences are a fantastic thing, they keep the kids in and safe, nutters out and stop people watching inappropriately. What’s not to like?

8 Likes

Not much, by the sound of it. The only argument I can think of against it would have been if the money could have been better spent on something else. I’ve no idea whether or not it could have.

VB

mind you if there were no schools, we wouldn’t need any fences

2 Likes

Of course we would, otherwise there’d be nothing for the Labour party to sit on.

7 Likes

school budgets are VERY stretched, even after stopping the LEAs top slicing before it’s gets to the front line - the ability of our local LEA to waste money is utterly eye watering

OK, I’ll be back when we have armed security on campus (like in the USA), it’s coming trust me as we won’t be able to rely on the overstretched police and it’s not like knife and gun crime are not rising is it?

Sit down, for fuck’s sake.

11 Likes

:grinning:

A yuletide log to the over-bloated nads of the management team in this god forsaken govt dept who have just announced that ALL contractors are to stand down for three weeks over Christmas. Two fucking days notice! No work (or inflated bank balance) for three fucking weeks. Cunts.
Now I’ll have to spend time at home where, no doubt, Mrs DA will find plenty of ‘odd jobs’ for me to do in the new house.
Fuck it. Fuck it all

That’s a bit tough.
Forced holiday or not you should make the most of it though.

New house means it will be no holiday :frowning_face:

Pretend to go to work. :grinning:

9 Likes

Preferable to being at home and force marched through a domestic job list.

3 Likes

You’re not fucking wrong

They’ve done the same thing at centrica

Interserve will be next

Crucifixion, with nads on show for public beating, might suffice for those who sat on the planning committees for this monster.

They’ve created a warren fit for Gormenghast, dedicated to the needs of PPI financing and University Med school expansion. Where this kind of tragedy can happen.