Yet another thread for the purposes of awarding a cockpunch

Every fucking MP in Parliament !

Iā€™ve seen a couple of concrete worktops, depending on the aggregate used and how well they are smoothed and polished, they can look amazing.

1 Like

Amazing , you learn something new everyday

For more inspiration.

Hipster coffee shops love a concrete counter

1 Like

That was my first film. :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

Polished concrete is where itā€™s at.

No, not really. If youā€™d been carrying a newspaper it would have ended up uniformly damp due to mist/drizzle which lasted perhaps 10-15 minutes. But it wouldnā€™t have been wrinkled by any big drops or soaked by proper rain.

So, to summarise, ā€œWe donā€™t know the answer, and even if we did we donā€™t know how to tell you what it is.ā€. I care if itā€™s going to rain significantly. In long dry spells the weathermen know it wonā€™t. In long wet spells they know it will. But so do I, by looking out of the window and by glancing at the isobar charts. I only need the weathermenā€™s help when the situation is more complex than that, and thatā€™s precisely when they drop the ball.

So it seems that sometimes the answer to the question ā€œWill it rain ?ā€ is ā€œFuck knows ? It might or it might not.ā€. My real whinge is that thatā€™s not what they say. I went to bed on Wednesday evening and checked last thing and they were saying 28%. Not ā€œFuck knows ?ā€. 28% was certainly a risk worth taking. I got up on Thursday morning and they were saying 91%. In the event it hardly rained at all. If they really donā€™t know on Wednesday evening, which clearly they didnā€™t, then why not just say so ?

I grew up in Lincs. Around the time of the cereal harvest they were really interested too. Same for late frosts with the flowers.

I walked 21 miles in it yesterday. IMHO the aim of weathermen should be to forecast for people for whom the result actually matters. By the way I went via Ewelme and Roke again, so no distance from your place really. 16 miles in I sat down on the bench outside Little Wittenham church to rub the soles of my feet (first trip out in new boots). This was the view south

VB

3 Likes

it does if you buy their servicesā€¦ā€¦ā€¦cough up and you can get a sector specific forecast. I buy one to help me work out what shoes to wear and what speaker cable to use.

5 Likes

We (as in the company I used to work for) used to do that when we were planning outside activities that involved hiring expensive plant and machinery. They were no more reliable than the free services that were available, so we stopped using them.

This is all you need

Front punt to this Welsh Tory who seems to think that the way to deal with homelessness in Cardiff is to drive the homeless out of Cardiff.

Some of her follow up posts have to be seen to be believed.

2 Likes

Just about every town, city and municipality has tried that and failed. Sheā€™s clearly more betterer :thinking:

Adjusted a bit

2 Likes

Twat.

1 Like

Very poor - I think all those who undertook the horse should be fined, it seems a bit wrong to single out one from he undertakers

A horse-kick in the bollocks to the lot of them.

Feckin vets can have one. One of our cats has been sneezing, off his food and heā€™s thrown up a couple of times. The vets persuaded the Mrs that they should keep him overnight and put him on a drip.
When she collected him this afternoon, they said he had a virus, it would need to run itā€™s course and they couldnā€™t really do anything further for him. Said bring him back on Monday if heā€™s no better. Couldnā€™t do anything for him but they managed to do something for my walletā€¦itā€™s now 415 pounds lighter. :frowning:

4 Likes

Cockpunch to this horse abuser as well. Talksport can have one too for posting a picture of a police horse outside Ibrox.