Yet another thread for the purposes of awarding a cockpunch

From what I read, he’s one of a relatively small group of nutters that fully believes that shit

I’ve worked in India in many cities with many agencies, and have to say I have met more nutters of this sort, there than anywhere else. IME they have spent much time an Ashram with their guru.

On some my longer trips to India (6 weeks or so) I often felt I was losing my marbles and all sense of reality.

Takes all sorts :upside_down_face:

The Home Office and my firm need one. They are apparently verifying everyone in the firm’s right to work in the UK. They wanted me to head into the office with my passport to get it verified. When the date I suggested (in four weeks) wasn’t soon enough, they offered to send someone to my house.

They already have a copy of my passport, but it isn’t somehow verified.

I feel vaguely uneasy about this, but I don’t quite know why.

Funny that, I’ve had exactly the same from my firm. The copy they have isn’t verified…

we went through that last year

Verified by who?

Coincidentally I was invited to a breakfast meeting in your firm’s offices this morning Adam.
I couldn’t be arsed to go but they didn’t specify that l needed my passport in the invite.

I never get invited to anything! I did hint that an invite to the Xmas party would be nice, but it never appeared.

Certified by a solicitor, teacher, accountant, vicar etc etc normally.

So I finally managed to get through on the phone and they sent me an activation code in the post.

OK, this seems to be going well so far, click activate…

Oh you fucking cunts.

But that is what you need to get a passport in the first place. Once it is issued it is the premier international identity document. How does a U K employer need it verifying again? Don’t these firm’s recognise a passport? And how can a solicitor, teacher, police officer etc verify apassport? What skills have they got to do that?
I really don’t understand.

1 Like

Reading Adams post again they want to see the actual passport and can’t just rely on the copy.

Just wait for those poor cunts who never applied and never want to leave these fair shores,

They maybe on a plane quicker than jack flash, dropped off in a top holiday location negotiating a trade deal for the one that ordered the busman

They took the copy, several years ago!

I’m thinking this is why they need to see the actual passport now:

3 Likes

2 Likes

Me too.

“Email a scan of …” hahahaha etc.

All HR depts want to see your passport on day 1 of employment if not before, as they need to be sure you have the right to work in the U K. The fines are quite heavy. They don’t want anything validated by anyone though. ( Or haven’t in my case.)

1 Like

In my case HR need to see the real thing and take a signed a copy for their records. For whatever reason they didn’t do it properly when I first joined or the rules have changed.