Yet another thread for the purposes of awarding a cockpunch

Fucking hell, I’ll bet he’s gutted that you’re cockpunching him.

What voices in your head thought it would be a good idea to whinge about some poor fucker who thought it necessary to end his life, just because it caused you some minor inconvenience?

3 Likes

I know I know , only several trains and buses extra !!! As I say I must be more sympathetic , that sermon at the funeral I helped at this morning obviously didn’t sink in !

Bit unlike you Phil

Yes long day and 7 hours travelling didn’t help

2 Likes

Make sure you do a couple more Hail Marys or the equivalent on Sunday. :wink:

I must admit that when someone chucks themselves under a train, my first thought is “Selfish sod, how must the driver feel, why inconvenience so many other people, why couldn’t they just jump off a bridge” etc, but I suppose when someone is so desperate that they choose that method of suicide, they’re beyond thinking straight and of the other ramifications.

3 Likes

And its worse when they live. I had a friend who ended up this way, it didn’t end well eventually

In the 1990’s Jackie and I had the misfortune on two separate occasions to be on the last train from London to Reading when the train hit somebody. The guards etc were clearly very well prepared and trained for the situation. We were very worried about what we might see when we got off the train, but thankfully nothing was visible. I suppose this is an occupational hazard for the Underground staff too.

1 Like

My mate did it on the underground, hence more chance of living, not that I ever thought of calling it that afterwards

1 Like

My high school was bordered on one side of the sports fields by the Liverpool to Manchester line.

Every year we had a special assembly where in an attempt to stop us messing about on the railway, they had train drivers telling us about their experiences of hitting kids. One guy in particular hit home, he was so obviously still in bits from hitting a kid retrieving a football. I just couldn’t put another human being through that if I got to the state where I had to end it all.

2 Likes

I came through Reading one Saturday morning when some silly sod thought he could get from one platform to the other by hopping across the tracks.

It’s quite difficult to judge the closing speed of a 125.

There were about 15 people out with buckets and mops.

1 Like

Not going to add my two pence worth, except for…have a word with yourself Phil :unamused:

6 Likes

A fellow rugby coach stuck a hose into his car from the exhaust. He had history of mental illness and had a shite upbringing, but a lovely fella.
My wife had to talk me round as I was thinking could i have done more. His son from 1st marriage took it well beyond his years, the son of his batty horrible cow of a partner was destroyed. Lad was result of a one night stand on holiday, my mate was the first male in his life who had shown care and love for him. Got the news on a train journey back from London and openly cried, more so than for my dad who went quickly and suddenly.

Anyway his care for bird’s sone was quite remarkable considering how my mate was brought up! Many a Sunday morning I would remember his grin and a shout of ‘morning lad’, still miss him even thought I knew him for such a short time.

I consider myself pretty robust but have great empathy for those who are not, whether i could ever have worked for the Samaritans I am just not sure but many have said I should. Hmm

1 Like

It occurs to me that this was a high speed train early in the morning, he could have killed many people by derailing it sadly. Seems a number of fireincidents on the line have been connected with this chap. A good friend of mine after trying to blow his house up with gas finally jumped under a train. He was an amazing guy but when he came back from successful work in Africa to the UK, he became depressed. Fortunately his family have been well supported and children

A fucking huge and heavy blunt object, swung at awe inspiring, monumental force, to the collective ballocks of Shpongle.

They are charging £119 for their latest re-release, One Hundred and Nineteen fucking quid !

Yeah, right. They can fucking swivel on a sharpened cone of surgical steel.

Fucking chancers !

Bollocks.

When does your copy arrive then Mike?

2 Likes

The 15th of fucking never !

Oh yeah, :fu:

1 Like

A friend committed suicide by jumping in front of a an express train coming through South Croydon Station.
I am sure it screwed up a lot of people as it is on the main London - Gatwick - Brighton line.

It was bloody awful at the time and it was 6 months before the remains were released for a funeral.

1 Like

This?

No, I have that. This -