Yet another thread for the purposes of awarding a cockpunch

Sad if true. Seems to have just driven up the prices around my way as it assumed insurance is paying. This may be the case but I dreading to think what the bills are going to be like when my 17 old cat reaches her final few chapters especially as the excess gets bigger every year.

Donā€™t talk to me about pet insurance. We have covered Zak with Petplan from when we first had him, 4 years ago. We havenā€™t made a claim, but the premiums have risen every year, starting at 44 quid, and this year they wanted 67.
PS a month that is.

When you look at the treatment vets are piling in on the back of private insurance then its easy to see why the premiums go up. Donā€™t even get me started on the vaccination rip off.

3 Likes

Is Jeremy Hunt consulting for them ?

VB

2 Likes

Grown-up cyclists who ride on pavements need one.

I saw a chap I know earlier this evening - heā€™s somewhat disabled by a condition that looks like a much milder version of the one Adam Pearson has. Heā€™s blind in one eye and a bit unsteady on his feet. He was on his way home at 1am 3-4 weeks back when he was hit accidentally but hard by two guys on bikes. They got up and disappeared leaving him on the ground. He got to his feet and tried to walk home but another passer-by saw him and insisted on calling an ambulance. Fractured pelvis. 4 days in hospital then 10 days in a care place (he lives alone and wouldnā€™t have been safe at home). Heā€™s now walking, but very slowly, with a Zimmer and on strong painkillers.

If youā€™re not a small child (the law says 10 or over IIRC) then you should either be good enough on a bike to ride on the roads or you should walk until you are.

VB

14 Likes

Likewise, pedestrians who while being glued to their ā€œsmartā€ phones absent-mindedly step off the kerb without looking. I have managed to avoid riding them down so far.

5 Likes

I used to cycle to work more days than not. In town some of the pedestrians took very poor care of themselves. Smart phones werenā€™t so common for most of that time so I fear it may be even worse now.

Now I walk for exercise and quite often thatā€™s on paths shared with cyclists. With very few exceptions their behaviour is very good indeed. Iā€™ve walked once a week through the whole winter, often on country paths after dark. Iā€™ve never worried about being hit, mostly I guess because a lot of the cyclists I meet are on their way home from work, so sober, and also use fearsome lights to let them barrel along safely in the pitch black. So I see them and they see me.

VB

A lot of cyclists are absolute fucking pricks. I used to be an avid mountain biker, but we always tried to treat people with respect. These days, a lot cyclists have an arrogant attitude and it really makes me angry. Wankers.

9 Likes

Wankers be wankers, regardless of their mode of transport.

Wankery in general is on the increase. Blame the Cuntocracy.

5 Likes

I remember cycling to work and walloping straight into some guy who walked out from behind a van hailing a taxi. I had no chance even to see him. It hurt me and dented my bike quite badly. He was very apologetic, knowing it was entirely his fault, although a traffic warden nearby, who hadnā€™t seen a thing, had a real go at me. Quite funny really.

No one rings a bell anymore :grinning: there used to be some good warning noises around onceā€¦

I agree.

But what should be done about electric scooters? There was a recent news story where a scooter user was deliberately knocked off his scooter while scooting ā€œfaster than runningā€ on the pavement. Iā€™m not sure who needs the cockpunch - the driver for going so fast, or the bell end who deliberately knocked him over. Probably both!

ooh not sure about this idea

It is a pretty good example of how global manufacturing will make the UK a minor rule taker, as localisation for the UK market in stuff like this will just not be viable.

2 Likes

Weā€™ll be buying back Morris Oxford plant from India so we can build our own cars without limitersā€¦

2 Likes

Apart from the engines.

1 Like

Donā€™t they call them MGs now? Or is that China?

Thanks to the idiot who decided to kill himself by leaving his car for a train to run into at stoke canon in Devon and caused many hours of delays to me and others !!

Life is tough sometimes - Spare a thought for his family

Yes I should be more sympathetic!