Yet another thread for the purposes of awarding a cockpunch

Recipe: take cauliflower. Replace with macaroni. Pour melted cheese over macaroni and chuck cauliflower in compost.

3 Likes

Cauliflower cheese, food of the gods :heart_eyes:
Tripe, the devil’s work :angry:

1 Like

I bet. I used to love going round there, it was actually very multicultural, plenty of eastern European (mostly Polish then, i suppose) stalls, Indian and Pakistani and even some Kosher ones, all rubbing up against each other with no trouble at all.

Nan lived in Ward St, which is in Royton, just off Featherstall Rd. Her and my auntie were the last non Asians there. And in a weird bit of synchronicity, my local Bangladeshi restaurant, in Wigan, is owned by a family who grew up in St Hildas Dr, which was an adjoining St, and they remember my auntie because she was a nurse and if they hurt themselves playing out, they’d run to her house to get a bit of first aid.

It was ace when I went to visit because there was always fantastic home cooked curries and stuff being delivered as thank you gifts.

1 Like

Cauliflower needs taste masking. Macaroni needs taste adding.

VB

Cauliflower pizza crust, what the fuck’s that about then?

Weapons grade kitchen fucknuggetry. Probably a vegan plot.

Cauliflower is fucking lush. Bollocks to adding cheese to it though.

4 Likes

Raw cauli grated onto a salad, superb.

Tandoori cauliflower, roasted cauliflower with Marmite, bbq cauliflower.

Yotam has a nice roasted cauliflower salad with tahini, garlic, lemon and yoghurt

1 Like

Pay them no heed John.

Feck off with that shite.

One of the best bowls of soup I ever had was a bowl of cauliflower and blue cheese soup on Brunswick Street in Fitzroy, Melbourne.

Mildly worried that the only person talking sense on this thread is @J_B

Cauliflower: excellent
Cauliflower cheese: excellent++

Add a spot of mustard and you’re basically a god.

4 Likes

I’ll stick with just having it boiled, next to some roast beef, roast spuds, Yorkshire puds and gravy.

4 Likes

In all the years I have known you posting, first on the Wam and then here, I have never read so much RONG from you, I am severely worried about your mental health as a result.

Shite.

Adding cheese to everything is Murcan fuckwittery

Cypriot fuckingnommery achewerly

2 Likes

Roasted with a crust of breadcrumbs and Parmigiano-Reggiano is a nice switch from cheese sauce.

So far people* have said cauliflower is good with

Cheese
Curry
Marmite
BBQ sauce
Garlic
Lemon
Mustard

Basically anything, the strongest possible thing you can find, to take its taste away. Wake up people. Smell the coffee (it smells a very great deal better than cauliflower). Its taste is horrid.

VB

*Not pmac, but there’s an exception to every rule.

I’ll take being the exceptional one

:wink:

3 Likes