Yet another thread for the purposes of awarding a cockpunch

I recently contacted environmental health after 5 days of solid bonfires in very hot days polluting the area . They were utterly useless replaying 12 days later in a letter asking if i had spoken to the neighbours ! Doh… :rage: . fortunately one of the neighbours is a very fiery mother and she shouted at them till they stopped and called the firebrigade !!

My district council has a noise officer on callout at night (although I see it’s not every night now http://www.southoxon.gov.uk/services-and-advice/environment/noise-and-nuisance/report-problem/out-hours-reporting and wouldn’t have covered last Sunday). I’ve never used them but a neighbour of mine did years ago when she was woken by a barrage of loud fireworks at midnight. Her case was somewhat undermined by it being Nov 5th (or maybe, just, 6th) but she said the person she spoke to was polite and sympathetic. She was moaning to me in the street about it the following day when one of the more respectable neighbours (late middle-age, shop owner, big in the Rotary club) walked past. He had the good grace to stop and 'fess up. Apparently he and his wife and grown up kids had had one or two ales and the rocketry had seemed like a good idea at the time …

VB

1 Like

Do you mean the BT modem ?
If so that’s exactly my set up, maker sure that you have details for the TT login, anyway you can always return it if not happy. Amazon are fair like that if you buy from there.

1 Like

This is my setup, is yours like that? This is tucked away in a corner behind a TV and my rack but reaches well round a detached house only dodgy spot is the office which is in a converted garage so I ran a CAT cable round to that, elsewhere all is OK

1 Like

I really wish I knew what you guys are talking about :thinking::roll_eyes:

1 Like

basically replacing the naff gear supplied by your ISP

That bit I got. The rest I just don’t get. I am technically incompetent and understand nothing of such witchcraft

1 Like

This is the cockpunching thread, soldier.

6 Likes

Uncharacteristically dumb intervention from Caroline Lucas yesterday. Needs a swiftly administered blow to the nethers & an instruction to think more & do better next time.

Indeed, I hear she has now apologised as they are all white!

Aside from that it’d also be a cabinet of her like-minded chums and all female. Not exactly democratic.

Indeed.

I thought effectively telling (roughly) half the electorate to fuck off was perhaps hasty.

works for the Donald :grinning:

3 Likes

Seems popular with Government policy on Brexit.

Both true :frowning_face: . Jeez.

1 Like

Goes back at least as far as Thatcher, M (ironically aka ‘that bloody woman’). She split the country down ‘haves’/‘have nots’ lines of course, not gender.

VB

I quite like the idea of simply excluding men from politics. Unfortunately, many of the women who enter politics tend to be utter monsters - they have to quash any compassion or empathy, and often become worse than the average man. The exceptions (like Lucas and Abbott) are derided by the male-dominated press.

1 Like

Sadly Abbott gets derided by more than the male dominated press.

1 Like

I know this to be true

Earthing arrangements can have one. Monumental ball ache trying to elminate hum/buzz, etc.

:exploding_head:

2 Likes