You had them, you teach them

Only fucking just :rage: I wasn’t allowed off the door mat.

9 Likes

:rofl:

2, 6 and 8 with two full time jobs. It wasn’t great. We barely managed to get through the suggested work sent by the school, which was pretty minimal. Neither of us felt particularly great about the work side of things either. It started off quite well - took them for a walk along the canal to give my wife a chance to get work done -chatted about evolution and germs then fed the ducks. Went downhill after that now just want them to get the fuck to bed and shut up.

:+1:

4 Likes

Don’t worry about that, they rarely get through it when they are at school at those ages.

1 Like

On the plus side, the yoghurt worked well :+1:

Lol, day one and the nerves are beginning to fray already :grinning:

I’ll give it a fortnight before the home learning curriculum is amended to allow P.E. Lessons to include diving head first out of the upstairs bedroom window.

1 Like

My advice would be for secondary age children do as much of the work that is set as possible, this shouldn’t be a problem as it will be far less than would have been being taught in school. For primary kids I imagine most have been sent home with basic maths and English workbooks/sheets. Do these but don’t make them the focus, mix up the times when they are done. Get them reading books especially good story books, stop them every few pages and discuss what they’ve read, linking every few pages to what has come previously. Talk about why the writer has used specific language and what emotions/feelings it evokes. But most important use this time to talk about the things we skip over now in schools. Life, Death, Sex, Love.

4 Likes

Portuguese custard tarts, correct VTA, week long barbecue cooking, grotesque watches & cars.

17 Likes

And buckets

Yes, wrong forum really.
On second thoughts teach em how to mix cocktails, butcher a pig, make charcoal and polish shoes.

2 Likes

Fucking solid advice that :+1:

I’d lob-in (serious) suggestions to teach them how to cook, how to clean, how to do laundry, how to garden, how to deal with money, how to do simple DIY tasks like changing bulbs & plugs, how to check-over a car (oil, tyres, tread, lights etc.), how to get a good deal online, how to open a bank account, how to identify the birds in the garden, how to read a map… There’s a million life skills that judging by a lot of the young people I used to encounter in higher education are desperately under-taught to kids

8 Likes

Ban the heretic or burn him…:face_with_monocle:

pointless, be better off checking out an extension lead

1 Like

Are you actually fucking serious?

I thought that stuff was only taught to long term prisoners two months before release?

Exactly what I’m doing with my lad. Get some life lessons, critical thinking and general borderline anarchic thought into the boy.

5 Likes

Excellent, then hopefully he won’t end up like you…!

PMSL

5 Likes

“University of Life” comment expected shortly.

1 Like

And polish shoes.

Obviously.

4 Likes

Also

the ability to make a decent Old Fashioned trumps most other so-called imperatives.

3 Likes