How do people have their server system setup?
I have a Raspberry Pi, which is plugged into a TV although I usually access it remotely from a computer or phone. It’s got a permanently on 3TB drive, an occasionally on one (live backup), and one that is stored remotely as remote backup.
Software running on it:
- Logitech media server, with extensive custom plugins
- Samba server for sharing files, all the Windows PCs use this rather than their own drives for data
- Syncthing, my current favourite thing, which syncs the phone photos and Windows drives onto the server
- Plex server, which is great as it means you can play the movies stored on the server to a Chromecast
- MiniDLNA, which would seem to be redundant now I have Plex, but it’s quick and easy, and more stable than Plex
- Deluge, yay torrents
- There’s OpenVPN on it so I can access it from outside the network as well
I might make my new NUC into a secondary server for backup purposes, as it’s in another room.
What do you all do for this kind of thing?