1st SOUTH WEST Weekender

They now look a bit sad up against their old member Karl.

The slightest mention of Kraftwerk and my mind heads straight here

2 Likes

While it’s obviously too​ early to be getting organised, some random comments:

It’s probably worth sorting a kitty out in advance so you can get basic groceries. Don’t want you to be out of pocket.

Is there a good butcher nearby? Getting in stock of bacon, sausages, black pudding for breakfasts and steak for evenings would make sense. Might need to pre order, given the likely quantities

Is there a pub within staggering distance?

Want any hifi brought? Maybe I could gaffa tape Pete’s 16a to the top of Jim’s car?

I was thinking of making a large quantity of the rather tasty hairy bikers sausage casserole thing for the Friday night but hadn’t thought of any further victualling requirements just yet. (Besides muffins natch)

I’m not sure I can afford such extravagance
:thinking:

Buy a pig. Hunt for Truffles. No Truffles. Eat pig.

3 Likes

That’s all right. I imagine they’ll come out for high tea last thing on Sunday afternoon (bone china, cucumber sandwiches with the crusts cut off, left-over hairy bikers sausage etc etc).

VB

Excellent. I shall have left by then so shall not have to sell a kidney to make a suitable contribution to the muffin kitty (that sounds very wrong).

It’s by a river.

As Phil would say “No shops required”

More like

VB

Is BMTell coming? If so we could have a ‘hog roast’ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

So how do you catch salad and houmous for @crimsondonkey with a fishing pole?

Bob, I am quite worried that you want to spit roast me. Before I agree which end will you be wanting?

5 Likes

There is a café very close by for cream tea. No booze, pork or beef though.

The cafe is about 50 yards away.
There is a butchers very close to me,about 5 miles from the bake off.

Nearest pub about 2 miles away.

Sounds good. There is this pub a mile or so away, which could be entertaining to find a short cut in the dark

The fugly end :+1:

Pub is 1.7m

Gotta be a comedy short cut way to stagger home :joy:

Good luck with that :upside_down: