Lego

I have the GT3, but, as @edd9000 told me the other day, I’m a 911 bore now*. :rofl:

Not really interested in the Chiron. The real thing is so fugly it hurts.

*its a GT3 RS

1 Like

The Lego version has brought that out very nicely as well.

2 Likes

@htm_1968

Love the fireplace :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

And that gorgeous brown interior. :rofl:

I think the rug really ties the room together. :joy:

3 Likes

Owned.

1 Like

Just finished building this…

Great fun to assemble

9 Likes

I’ve been eyeing that up on recent pre-Xmas visits to the Lego shop. I want to build the Mini too.

I am hoping they’ll make the launch tower for the Saturn 5 rocket.

2 Likes
1 Like

This was state-of-the-art when I was 4:

<nostalgias hard >

Do find it bizarre how many adults are into this stuff now. You’d have been sectioned for a “nervous breakdown” when the yellow lorry was new… :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Cheaper than vast model railway systems and take up less room

1 Like

Sure, it’s harmless, and probably therapeutic, but I’ll stick to offensive watches and self-abuse for now, ta :+1:

2 Likes

my wife is a total lego fiend - she’s on her way to matching my watches in net worth with the stuff (if she’d not built the bloody things and actually kept the boxes).
We have 2 cabinets and a lounge unit top stuffed with Star Wars and Harry Potter Lego and a load of Ninjago stuff that she makes out is our boys but in reality she built the things.
It does make xmas and birthdays easy though…

Fair enough, her money/time, and gives you a free pass watch-wise!

As a kid, you’d build the model once, then dismantle - lob the bits in with whatever you already had, and off your imagination went. Each new kit was a small step to something bigger and better. Multiple somethings. The modern stuff is so incredibly diverse and specific, it doesn’t seem to leave anywhere near as much room for the imagination… But then, if it’s just build the model, keep the model, I suppose that’s not the intention.

1 Like

Louise loves the stuff, just needs to be cat proof.

Funnily she was just telling me of an interview she ran for a developer for her team she ran today. Where the female engineer, was talking about her lego Saturn V, and her husbands lego Aston Martin.

Lego wss always my favourite toy as a kid, but the prices now are just criminal.

I never really got into Lego.

I went straight from Stickle-bricks to Capsela…absolutely loved it.

Foo Lego :clown_face: