Suggestions for (integrated, "digital") amp

Budgets are for wimps.:zipper_mouth_face:

3 Likes

I’ve not heard one of these, but my mate has one of their power amps which is excellent.

http://www.hifi-forsale.co.uk/moreinfo.php?prod_title=Hegel_Rost&p=integrated_amplifier&prod_id=52911&offset=

Still reckon the Gato is better than anything discussed in the thread at the money you paid for it Guy.

No idea what it’s like but came across this from temple audio earlier

http://www.bantamone.com

Cute, but it lacks significant features OP was requesting…

facepalm3

since when has what the OP wants been of any relevance to a thread here :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Since you joined :+1:

7 Likes

i tried the sim audio moon ace or whatever the hell it’s called, got a built in streamer/renderer thing. Listened to one or two '‘normal’ integrateds, plus streamer. When the dealer switched in the moon, my self proclaimed cloth eared wife basically ask if it was broken. ’

1 Like

Yep, similar story with the new Naim Uniti models that replaced the UnitiQute. My sister and I listened to the Ace, decided it was not much cop. I mentioned how good the 'Qute was and how the new Naim stuff might be OK. I am still surprised at how bad it all was. My sister insisted on going to the Pub afterwards, despite the fact I’m not really allowed to drink. “This is your fault” was her response over her second pint as I nursed a coke. :cry:

1 Like

I’d love to find something with the same features as the Unitiqute but with a sleep timer

Both my elder girls use Marantz all-in-one streaming systems. I think one of them has a sleep timer. Both sound great (for the money) but the app you need to get them to work is horrific. I see they turn up as possible endpoints in Roon which may prove to be the answer.

Sonos connect amp

We have a Marantz and was thinking of an upgrade. Must have the DAB radio at the very least.

There may be other ways you can achieve this that you haven’t considered.

For instance my bedroom system which was previously a TEAC Reference 300_mk. iii mini separates system & Epos passive monitors.

I took the plunge with upgrading this to an active setup some time back, but wanted to retain the alarm feature & wake up to 6 Moozic on DAB radio.

To achieve this I’ve retained the DAB tuner from the TEAC system. My Adam F5 speakers have auto input sensing/standby so I just power up the preamp & then turn off the display & the system fires up fully in the morning when the timer feature on the tuner powers it up.

The Audiolab 8000av Pre/Processor/DAC I use only has trigger outs, slightly annoyingly (The TEAC DAB does have a trigger output) so this does have to be fully powered up overnight, but prolly only consumes around 15watts in stereo mode & the speaks + tuner around 2watts or less in standby mode.

Quite a few of the Project Box design mini/micro separates have remote trigger in/outs tho’. For instance the Pre Box RS Digital or Pre Box DS2 digital are both very flexible in terms of a plethora of analogue & digital inputs & also featuring both remote trigger ins 'n outs.

They have matching power amps if you wanted a passive speaker system & should pair well visually with a TEAC Ref series DAB tuner for a compact fully featured system by adding a compact streamer such as a Raz Pi fer instance. I actually use my Synology DS715 NAS into the Audiolab via a musical Fidelity V-Link USB to SPdif converter as the streamer in this system.

Oh yes, I’m not changing the speakers either.

Musicraft has some incredible deals on Hegel kit -> http://www.musicraft.co.uk/special-offers/

2 Likes

Jeepers, mad prices. Well spotted !

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/26166527_1519212594841567_1410826342048036759_n.jpg?oh=9179f2dd6f17a70818a72490c9bf21a3&oe=5AC2383B

1 Like

Tried it, don’t work.

I have to be able to activate the thing at random times during the night. I have permanent tinnitus and the one sure fire way of me actually managing to “ignore” it sufficiently for me to get to sleep is to be able to zone into speech radio at will.

Mostly this is when we go to bed, but will frequently be needed throughout the night.

I know I could use a simple bedside radio, but we like the Marantz all in one in the room, it is connected to the TV for watching films etc, and we use the radio for me to get to the sleep. The CD is nice but not necessary, and on our older system, streaming works but the interface is pants.

If there were something similar yet better we’d be interested. Maybe newer versions have a better app based) interface for streaming

Just my experience (i-5, supernova), but if it hasn’t been warmed up for 48 hours from cold, sounds very thin.

Depends on operating temperature for sonic bloom.