Today I have mainly been

I can also do some nerd stuff like this:

That image suggests that you have under 500 LPs there, so cataloging/storage shouldn’t be too much of an issue. I shudder to think how people with 10K items in the collection manage for storage, let alone cataloging…

1 Like

I once made a suit for very well known DJ and asked him what his day generally consisted of and he replied with a sigh “listening to music”. I then asked him what he did with all the records and he said they were in 3 lock-ups, floor to ceiling, in crates and that he was just about to get a forth. When I asked if he could find a specific thing he looked at me like I was mad and said that they were completely random and he had thought to employ someone to sort it out but had too many other things to do. He estimated he had 80 or 90 thousand across many genres and his collecting started in the mid-seventies. Insurance paranoia wasn’t a thing with him, clearly!

S’pose he was being more paranoid about Yewtree.

7 Likes

I store mine all over the show in general genres. Spreadsheets are a big fucking no no. Quite tempted by the discogs app though and scanning them in by phone.

Of course, there is always this

My life is complete. i have been asked to audition for the local Morris group. one, two, three, jump, repeat etc…

5 Likes

Audition,i thought you just turned up pissed and moved a bit.

Eating puddings.

Rhubarb crumble with custard, and Christmas pudding cheesecake…

I am very full.

Waiting till its time to go watch Star Wars :slightly_smiling_face:

Audition you say? If you would like any pointers then please don’t hesitate to pm.

I remember this one time in … '84 and I had to breath life into a tired old and, dare I say it, amateurish production…

2 Likes

You a morris man Stu - like this?

1 Like

On purpose? Sober? :open_mouth:

1 Like

Well, unlike some, I’m not one to blow my own trumpet, but it is all just a bit of ‘hey nonny nonny’ and a ‘nick nack noo’.

Hardly a test really to remember those lines.

I’ve never heard of this. Certainly dancing ability is never a requirement. Maybe they just want to know that you can sink the requisite 15 pints?

Either that or it’s cover for some kind of spy ring.

Listened to a few records this morning, then took the kids to see The Last Jedi, then to the pub for dinner, then back home and thrashed them at Monopoly and now SPOTY and a couple of beers.

A good day.

4 Likes

Fucking working :frowning_face:

In a daze since my sister called me late morning and told me my dad had died at about 8am.

Oh, so sorry to hear that Ritchie. My thoughts are with you and your family.

1 Like

Oh that’s terrible. So sorry. My thoughts are with you too.

1 Like