2 seater convertible - help

I drove my brothers two, and they were boring, not good

[quote=“coco, post:29, topic:6483”]but they are definitely not going to compete with the likes of a boxster.
[/quote]

indeed

S2000 might be an interesting proposition, but might be a bit too old now to provide reliable. I loved my time with one

But he might not actually be a hairdresser.

Diseasel? So you can smell the chip fat and listen to it rattling like a transit? :rofl: Are you having a giraffe?

I just couldn’t drive a boxster. Even though it’s less off a car I’d rather have this, if I’m sticking to the budget

yawn…

Didn’t claim originality

Why not? Have you ever driven one? If you care about actually driving a car, boxster has to be at the top of the list. It may not be the answer for other reasons, but for pure driving, I don’t think you can beat it for the money.

3 Likes

clearly you own boredom though

I like to think of it more as tried and trusted.

I really can’t stand the look of them. It’s a personal thing but I think liking the look of your car is important. I have been in one and they are nice if a little underwhelming.

Hahaha a diesel convertible.
Smells horrible and sounds dreadful, id rather walk tbh.

3 Likes

Well, that’s fair enough.

Alas you are too tall for nearly all sports cars. So it’s a lumbering German barge, or a Boxster. And an £8k Boxster is likely to be a money pit. An £8k MX-5 would be great, but you are too tall.

£8k buys you an early XK-8 with history, but you MUST have full Jaguar history and even then you might get caught out with some big spending.

It’s a tough call with your budget and your height, TBH. There are more 4-seater options in budget, and they will fit bigger people.

Sorry, what was that about lumbering barges? :rofl:

That and money pit combined.

Yes, buit at least it’s a lumbering barge that doesn’t look like a horse’s arse

1 Like

More a cow’s?

I like the XK, (the XKR I drove was a hoot, albeit not a sports car) but let’s not pretend it doesn’t look horribly dated.

1 Like

Yeah, its worse, it looks like a 90s Jag with an utterly dreadful interior, unless you’re into smoking pipes and tweed jackets in which case it’s bang on the money.

1 Like

Yet still nicer than a Z3 or Z4

1 Like

Nope, not remotely.

2 Likes

Are you channeling stevie wonder?

3 Likes