2018 Formula 1

The level of incompetence/stupidity from some team principals still baffles me. He only had to refer to Social Media for all the implications :roll_eyes:

Spot on. It is his job to understand the implications, and act accordingly.

Well thank god for the flip flop thing on your car today :+1:

3 Likes

It ainā€™t pretty butā€¦

It was pretty scary watching the accident live, but great to see that the halo worked as it was supposed to do.

1 Like

Yeah it did itā€™s job, didnā€™t it

Iā€™d still contest that the indycar-style screen is 1000 times prettier and seemingly as effective ā€¦ but I donā€™t think Charles Leclerc gives two hoots about that this morning

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/138311/leclerc-feels-lucky-after-seeing-halo-damage

PS: how the hell did Ricciardo not get a penalty for back-dooring Kimi??

Without a crash or rain this particular mid season in F1 is quite predicable and itā€™s getting mighty close to Noahs Ark racing.

Didnā€™t he get a shove from the airborne Alonso and at the same time smashing his rear wing ?

Yourā€™e right, my bad

Weanwhile, wowzers

I might have been little unfair to Steiner

1 Like

Very interesting. I shall watch with anticiā€¦pation!

Blimey, complicated for a simpleton like me!

Nowt ever straightforward inside The Piranha Club.

1 Like

Big one for Ericsson todayā€¦

Fortunately Marcus is fine. The DRS stuck open and then the car did not have enough rear downforce compared to the front for the braking manoeuvre and he spun into the wall.

3 Likes

Jeesā€™ that was a big un! Glad heā€™s ok!

Vettel starts to celebrate with a ā€œyesssā€ over the team radio, then he is told he is P2 and that his team-mate Kimi Raikkonen has got the pole.

ā€œWe speak later,ā€ was Vettelā€™s rather cold response, clearly furious at no pole position for him.
Someone explain that if youā€™re P2, Kimi being on pole is not going to be that big a problem, if you know what I mean.

1 Like

Have now read that Kimiā€™s contract states if he gets Pole he doesnt have to go with team orders.
Which should make for a very interesting race.

1 Like

Interesting first cornerā€¦