2018 Formula 1

Really excellent series of articles from Andrew Benson on the Alonso era on the beeb site (which won’t let me link for the app :-/ )

I read them, yes excellent. I had forgotten much of the detail especially about the Hamilton Alonso head to head issues and his the Ferrari documents. It does appear Alonso’s pre madonna attitude has lead to a relative lack of success given his skill.

The next installment in linked at the bottom of the article.

2 Likes

Ah, thanks for the heads up, will check it out!

primadonna

3 Likes
1 Like

I really hope it goes well for him and Williams can give him at least an OK car…

I have a notification on facebook that ‘Williams Martini Racing has changed it’s name to Williams Racing’.

Martini sponsorship was only until the end of 2018.

The fact that they haven’t announced a “naming rights” sponsor is a worry.

1 Like

There were rumours a few weeks back of BWT switching form Force India, but it seems ot have gone rather quiet

1 Like

One of my team pointed this link out to me:

He said that reading between the lines it was what Frank and I have said about Williams for some time. The most conservative team with many who will not change their ways of doing things. With a need for a vision, a plan and strong leadership to sort things out.

2 Likes

It’s the elephant in the room when talking about Williams: nobody seems to want to say it

Top down problem

1 Like

Wanting to “keep it in the family” hasn’t really done them any favours.

1 Like

But this one just happens to be someones life-support system too

Well that’s that then…see you next year!

I’m excited already :unamused:

1 Like

One thing I hadn’t realized was that CH4 will only be showing highlights next year, apart from one race at Silverstone…

I really don’t want to subscribe to Sky :frowning:

The BBC will have Formula E though, so all is well :roll_eyes:

Yes, the “broadcast sharing” fuckwittery finally comes to an end.

“There will always be terrestrial F1”, they said.

“Cunts are lying”, I said !

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Just turn the volume up to 11 :grinning:

1 Like
4 Likes