Actual photography

Paisley Abbey, very impressive. Wish I could work out how to post videos, it really was something special

Host them somewhere (You Tube maybe) and post the link.
You can’t upload a video to the forum server

1 Like

I cant be arsed with the faff. Pictures will need to do :slight_smile:

Part of using a ‘free’ forum.
A lot of posters contribute to the forum costs and hosting full fat pictures, costs enough, (you don’t need a street poster size pic of your cat for the internet :grinning:)
Hosting video is a step (cost) too far.

1 Like

Fair point, I’ve been on here for nearly a year, nine months lurking three months posting. How do i chip in my two cents?

I wasn’t strong arming you into contributing it is entirely voluntary :grinning:

But there is some info on this thread

Not strong arming, Just suggesting… :grinning: I’m cool with paying my way. Will have a look as i don’t do pay pal. But im sure there is some other way

1 Like

There was some discussion about alternatives to paypal recently, if you start at the latest post and work back you should find it.

If you PM Jon (TMC on the forum) he will send you a message

Have a look around this post, there is a bit of a discussion

I’ve avoided the shite and stuck £4 a month in. Hope that suffices, if it doesn’t i’m back to what hifi

1 Like

More than generous, seriously, much appreciated
Jon probably won’t see this so I will say ‘thank you’ on his behalf :+1:

I fuckin love it mate
Best forum since four chan went ott. :slight_smile:
Made me feel human

Some cunt needs to pay for this shitshow

Getting compared to 4chan?! :flushed:

Thanks though

2 Likes

‘4chins’ would be closer to the mark…

6 Likes

Sunrise at Bank

10 Likes

It’s funny. It’s about 20 years since I lived in London, and I’m totally wedded to a country life now, but a shot like that still instantly makes me feel sentimental. So many mornings I remember like that… lovely when the streets are more empty and the sun is out… the city slowly waking up… the air chilly and fresh… but the warm sun on your face… going somewhere nice to grab a coffee… I love it. I was born slap bang in the middle of London, and it’ll always be in me.

2 Likes

yes me too - born in Shoreditch raised in Hackney.

2 Likes

Mine’s a bit weird - born in Charing Cross but raised in Snowdonia! My Mum giving birth to me was the last chapter of my parents London life. Didn’t get back to my roots until my 20s.

1 Like

we stayed in Hackney until i was 16 - always enjoyed an early morning bike ride to the Thames as a teenager, and to this day standing by the Thames, always raises the spirits in me. If we stay overnight in London near the Thames we will always go for a early morning walk on the Thames footpath. Jan 1st 2022, at about 5am was lovely.

Ridley Road Market, Dalston - a place of my formative years

WP_20131116_008 by uh_simon, on Flickr

The house i grew up in (still standing, my Dad sold for £30k in about 1982 - now two flats when i last checked one sold for £800k and the other for £1m)

WP_20131116_006 by uh_simon, on Flickr

two of my favourite views

8H0B3086 by uh_simon, on Flickr

8H0B3042crop by uh_simon, on Flickr

6 Likes