Air Fryers

Basically spread them out evenly in a single layer (which may require more batches depending on your fryer size).

Shake them up every 4 or so minutes.

1 Like
6 Likes

People with air fryers are like vegans, or people from Yorkshire.

4 Likes

:rofl:

Meanwhile, man in Yorkshire loses fight with a table

https://twitter.com/NoContextBrits/status/1598012469456572422?s=20&t=BTSPUZvB4cYNkHlEmSR8gQ

5 Likes

3 Likes

Did I ever tell you I’m from Yorkshire. :wink:

2 Likes

That table squished you pretty good. Cleaning up all the fat that must have come out to leave you in your current shape would not have been trivial.

4 Likes

So far:

Ovens chips seem great, although I was distracted by my sister ranting at me so overcooked them slightly

Jacket potatoes are fantastic, 10-15 minutes in the microwave and 55 in the air fryer, perfect

M&S popcorn cauliflower is great, the rapid heat is good for getting them crispy

Sprouting broccoli, 2 mins in the microwave and about 5 in the air fryer gets them slightly charred, lovely

I shall be trying the rotisserie chicken and kebab facility next week!

8 Likes

7 Likes

Vaguely connected on a literal level

One aspect of the air fryer is that the 11 year old is much happier to use it than she ever was the oven. It’s much more like a standard gadget, and a lot less scary than the big oven.

The simplicity is good - the default option is to run at 180 for 15 minutes, which is perfect for frozen halloumi/mozzarella sticks. So she’s eating a lot of those, two clicks and they’re off!

Our daughter, has had one of these
for a month, and absolutely loves it.

Claire is on a health kick, prompted by booking our first foreign beach holiday since covid, and wants an air fryer. Coincidentally I quite fancy a slow cooker, but worktop space is a bit limited, so one of these Ninja multi cookers seems to be a good idea.

The only thing that I’m slightly concerned about is whether they compromise the performance compared to their stand alone counterparts. For instance is the air fryer function in the multi cooker crap compared to the dedicated air fryer, or is it still pretty good?

If worktop space is an issue, not sure whether a Ninja multi would help - they are fucking massive!

1 Like

We can fit one decent sized unit, but not 2.

I thought that you being a decent sized unit was actually the problem :grinning:

1 Like

I think that’s part of her plan.

Does it need to go on the worktop under a wall cupboard?

We keep the slow cooker in the cupboard as we only use it a couple of times a month. It’s much lower than an air fryer so fits in easily.

1 Like