Air Fryers

We have a ninja 15-1 jobbie and it’s been excellent. The air fryer has been just as good as our old standalone one and the slow cooker has made several lovely stews. We don’t miss the standalone ones at all and the ninja has been better than both that we had. Both have been given away to family members.

Claire cooked a whole chicken in our ninja recently as we had a leg of lamb in the oven, family all coming round for Sunday lunch, and the chicken was done better than when roasted in the oven and in less time, so next time we do a chicken it’ll be done in the ninja.

The Ninja is big and heavy but really well made.

1 Like

Probably, but there’ll be room to move it from under the cupboard to use it because we’re ditching the 8 burner range cooker for a 6 burner hob (negotiations are underway re gas vs induction, I think I’ll lose and we’ll end up with gas).

We’ve got two InstantPots these days, both see plenty of use. Air frying seems excellent to me.

1 Like

We’ve had a Ninja air fryer for about 18 months, it’s excellent but the non stick is coming to the point of not being non stick. Just try and get replacements, damn near impossible always out of stock. Although a superb cooking item, I think that we shall look elsewhere in the future. Extremely poor service regarding essential spare parts, no replacement pan in stock for over 6 months.

1 Like

I thought that the main benefit of gas was the instant adjustability where as all electric hobs I have had in the past have had a built in time lag and were diificult to adjust. I have been really suprised by induction, it works just like gas in that adjustments are instant.
Worth checking that your current pans will work with induction though as that can be an expensive oversight

1 Like

Claire was worried about the adjustability thing, but we’ve discussed it enough so that she accepts that it’s not going to be an issue. The pan thing is though, we have decent pans that are probably not induction compatible, they have encapsulated carbon bases and deffo pre-date mass market induction hobs. Not a problem for me but they were a wedding present from Claire’s Nan, so she has sentimental attachment to them.

See if they stick to a magnet, that’s the easiest test.

2 Likes

Not with a wok it doesn’t. I’ve yet to get decent results with a wok on anything other than a gas hob.

1 Like

Needs a dedicated wok induction unit that matches the curve of the pan. Friend of mine has one and it’s ferociously good.

Did not see such a thing three or four years ago when we refurbished our kitchen. Might check it out in 20 years time when we redo the kitchen if I’m not dead or dribbling…

You can get plug in stand alone ones, They’re about £200 though, so might be a bit spendy for something that lives in a cupboard 99% of the time.

Yebbut I have a lovely gas wok burner on my stove…

If I had a 4 year old kitchen I wouldn’t be changing anything either.
But if you are looking at a new kitchen …

That’ll work too. The hob Claire wants has a dedicated wok burner, and I do like stir frying so if we do end up with it I’m not going to complain.

Does it need to accommodate any horse components?

2 Likes

Not yet…

2 Likes

Never hurts to be prepared though… :grinning:

1 Like

Stainless base. Despite already knowing the answer I just checked anyway. Surprisingly, not, we’d need new pans.

Have you checked with a magnet though? Some stainless is magnetic.

Yeah, I checked because I knew some SS was magnetic.

1 Like