Architecture

Yep, typically censured by social media tech companies, regardless of context, because they are wankers.

Fol2 is in Prague for a few days - she just sent this pic…

11 Likes

That reminds me of my last visit. All the buildings looked like that at some point in the day.
I do love a tankard or two of Pilsner :+1:

3 Likes

Czech memories…

The unusual concrete building was called The Bathtub .

1 Like

Form over function.

Couldn’t live in that if it was given to me.

3 Likes

I think that architecturally it is hideous but internally it is designed as their particular family space, to be lived in in the way that matters to them, and there are some great ideas (the living room with no TV, focused on the Loch, the outdoor fireplace, the permanent Christmas Tree space etc).

“eight-door Aga” :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop:

Nought to peak-nouveau-riche-cuntiness in under 6 words…

Castle you say. Aye right.

1 Like

Imgur

2 Likes

FoL#2 taking in the best of Soviet era architecture on his tour of Georgia!

18 Likes
2 Likes

Local Fisheries building
Hyderabad

12 Likes

Some people get things just right :+1::grin:

Lol, let’s hope that architect has nothing to do with the proposed institute of animal artificial insemination.

1 Like

Another cock and bull story no doubt.

1 Like

Reminds me of this place in the USA:

5 Likes

Home ground of basket cases.
QED

1 Like

This is Prora on RĂźgen island in Germany.

Originally 4.5km long it is unsurprisingly an originally Nazi structure and at the time was the longest building in the world.

A holiday resort as part of the “Strength through Joy” programme it was also intended to host rallies and other party activities. Like so many of these structures it never served its intended purpose.

Bombed, used as barracks, as ever it was built to serve the 1000 year Reich so is still basically sound.

Bought for (I believe) €350k a while back it is being / has been rehabilitated, now housing villas and a hotel the remaining structure is 3km long.

By all accounts the location wasn’t an accident and the white sand beach on the Baltic is stunning.

One for the bucket list for me.

5 Likes

That is madness