Architecture

The stack of Porta Kabins look

Wow, that is a belter. That lobby :heart_eyes:

exterior is similar to the Express building in Manchester where the Northern edition was printed from 1939, so about 8 years after Fleet St

recently been through a major refurbishment and re-opended after being semi derelict for years

7 Likes

I remember as a child being able to the papers being printed through the windows. Looks like they have done a pretty good job.

Good that they ditched the mirror glass.

1 Like

Yes please! I’ve been really well behaved and everything ! :innocent:

Bit of Brutalism at the football.
Gala Fairydean Rovers’ football stand ready to welcome back fans - BBC News

7 Likes

Would love to have a look inside

Just been to a talk given by these guys

:heart_eyes:

Although I think you need verrry deep pockets.

Seeing “This Brutal House” posting a better photo of the same, the BMW headquarters in Munich.

This photo: me, 2019

Soon the grille on BMWs will be about that size

2 Likes

Didn’t look quite like this (no typewriters etc) when I spent some time there but there was a bit of a Bauhaus feel to the central open spaces.

5 Likes

Who doesn’t love a Bucky Fuller geodesic dome?

Photo Louis Karol.

5 Likes
7 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Ugh, estate agents

Not the best photo of the new BT Hub in Bristol, aka The Assembly.

Green steel exoskeleton :thinking:

BT seems to have continually built the ugliest building possible in every town they have a presence. It’s a standing joke amongst the staff. “When you get out the train station look for the ugliest building you can see and that will be the office”.

2 Likes

Leased by BT, not built. But yeah, they do occupy some fugly buildings.

I’m pretty sure some skulldugery was going on when they sold the buildings to a company owned by BT group then leased them back to BT then bought the company they owned back again a number of years ago. With the new buildings it seems to be normal lease deal. It will provide lots of employment in Bristol though and they pay isn’t horrendous so hope it’s a success for employees and the company

1 Like

BT sold off most of their property 20 years ago to partially fund the squillions they spent on 3G mobile licences.

In Bristol they own very few properties now beyond exchanges.