Armchair politics

Just got this on Facebook.

“Wow… just wow I have just read one of the Just Red Articles, it’s a hard line labour group and they are calling for the 7 Labour Mp’s who have just resigned to be bullied and intimidated enough into making them resign their seat… yes that’s the way you do things nowadays by bullying and intimidation… and the amount that agreed with this is horrifying… who said hard left had a problem?”

It took me a while to connect the dots from Umunna to Norris to turkey to Brexit… i’m rambling, here’s a gif

I hope that’s an arm :astonished:

Shouldn’t pics of fisting a bird be in the S&M thread?

1 Like

3 Likes

Bullingdon Club?

Just what the fuck?

They aren’t a political party.

Exactly. It’s all very odd.

They aren’t looking to launch a new party. They’re a group of independent MPs.

I assume they registered as a company so they could register donations, but you can’t vote for them and they don’t have a manifesto.

I don’t see the problem.

Except that they’re still Labour MPs.

They aren’t.

But if they were, how, or why, could they register as another party?

You’re right. I wasn’t clear. They were elected as Labour MPs. They’ve left the party but are still MPs. They should resign and stand again if they wish to remain as members of the HoC.

Why? That isn’t how the system works, and it’s also a completely different discussion point to the original one you made.

You mean you think they should resign.

Meanwhile, Derek Hatton has rejoined Labour.

roflmao.

1 Like

Yup. It isn’t against any rule. But it should be.

It’s all tied up to the same point really. Anyone is free to join or leave a party but there should be clear rules.

As for Hatton - FFS

Despite writing in 2017

“I can’t believe Corbyn is arguing for Labour MPs to vote with the most reactionary and xenophobic Tory government we’ve seen for a long time. This shows a real lack of leadership on his part and does now make me have serious doubts about him”

Not accidental timing. Someone thought that would be a good look today. Christ alive

The corbyn defence league will be along shortly muttering something about 4d chess and following a process.

1 Like

Well, Jezzer’s policy of sitting on his hands and waiting for the Conservative party to split and tear itself apart over Brexit is going well, isn’t it.

3 Likes