Armchair politics

Not seen that before, hope it’s not a fudge to redefine citizenship! I thought she was born in the UK so job done.

She’s dual Bangladeshi citizenship.

Newsnight suggesting Anna Soubry, Heidi Allan and Sarah Wollaston might resign the Tory whip tomorrow and sit with the IG.

Getting cross party defections is something the old ‘Gang of Four’ never managed unless someone wants to tell me otherwise? It puts a rather different dynamic on the exercise if that does happen.

OK, if that is so I still don’t understand the timing.

And the response from Young Labour?

That tweet has been deleted now, but whatever your thoughts on the Israel/Palestine issue are, that’s just pouring petrol on an increasingly raging fire.

1 Like

Might that example and this one not be illustrative of the institutional anti-semitism Berger referred to? Stupidity of the highest order either way.

1 Like

Labour party to support new recall law policy so that MPs who leave a party could be subject to a by election if a small number of voters (read party faithful) decide.

Just wtf!

I’m sure that all the advocates of this faithfully voted for Zac Goldsmith’s recall bill when it was up for the vote a few years ago, in much the same way I’m sure I’d have a chance of running a four minute mile tomorrow.

Instead the same money will be spent on lawyers :rofl:

2 Likes

Tory wants to replace other Tory as leader of Tory party. Current leader will be asked to feck off if we Brexit in March to allow for summer leadership contest.

At the very least this kicks her case a long way down the road. The lawyers are likely to argue for years over it and for all that time Javid, or his successor, can keep her out. The papers will forget about her. If she loses her case then she may stay in al-Hawl indefinitely. It’s a long-established place, first set up in 1991, so people could conceivably spend their whole adult life there. Of course if she wins then she will be able to come back. At that point she will either be more deeply estranged from this country and more difficult to reform, or the years spent living hand-to-mouth in squalor will have ground the committed teenager down sufficiently that she will no longer be an effective threat. That’s a gamble, but I guess Javid reckons it won’t, by then, be his problem.

VB

3 Likes

I thought I’d read somewhere that IS took the UK passports off people who’d moved out there to fight for/with them. Would make it even more difficult for her if she has lost it.

Quite interested to see what they have to say - they should be asked their ‘ultimate price’ for supporting May’s deal, which I presume is “we will support passage of May’s deal if it is contingent on being put to the public in a three way ref”

1 Like

Soubry, Wollaston and Allen resign and join the Independents

:smile:

They need to knock on Theresa’s door and ask for £1,000,000,000.

7 Likes

Even with the Duppers we have no functioning govt. Cue inevitable joke…

May will have to quickly rewrite her PMQ jokes, she hasn’t got long :joy:

2 Likes

I don’t think the physical passport would be an issue. It’s not as if she’s some unknown person. If she turns up at a British consulate in Turkey, say, claiming to be Ms Begum then they should be astute enough to decide whether her claim is credible. If they then say “Go away” it doesn’t matter whether she has paperwork or not. If they’re thinking of letting her back into the UK then they can ask for a hair sample and have her DNA checked against a parent.

VB

It’s all kicking off.