BBQing Diary

Yeah. That Kettle Joe model is metal though, although it has ceramic inserts around the firebox.

Interestingly on that video, they admitted it doesn’t sell well because of the price point - halfway between the Weber and the full ceramic Kamados. Seems like it’s the inverse sweet spot (bitter spot?) - people will either spend less and go Weber or more and go full ceramic.

Anyway, I don’t BBQ enough to justify it really.

If you want ceramic on the cheap then you will struggle to beat this. Also comes with a 3 year guarantee.

Gardenline Kamado Ceramic Egg BBQ | Barbeque Grill | ALDI UK

2 Likes

Sorry didn’t know that it was metal.

I mostly do ribs, chicken and turkey. The cost of those briskets is too much. If you see an offer sometime, do it then. Pulled pork is of course much more reasonable, especially if Morrisons have pork cheap which they have done a lot over the last 6 months. I still prefer a butcher but Morrisons meat is decent.

A frozen turkey crown, bought at the right time, from Lidl or Aldi or suchlike offers excellent vfm. Forget dry roasted turkey, low and slow turkey oozes moisture.

I’ll try and get a pellet smoker once the build is done in 2030.

3 Likes

I’ve done the Christmas Turkey in the smoker the last few years. Amazing. And frees up the oven for more roast potatoes.

2 Likes

I’ve done Chiristmas dinner a couple of times too. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

THE BRISKET IS DRY

CHRISTMAS IS CANCELLED!!!

3 Likes

Counter intuitively, turkey in the smoker is beautifully moist!

1 Like

Yeah second only to deep frying it.

1 Like

Baths full of hot fat… :flushed::flushed::flushed:

from frozen I hope.

It’s fucking amazing.

No :rofl:

Dad’s plan was to do it next to the pool so he could kick it in if it all went wrong. Luckily it didn’t or it would have been quite something.

4 Likes

Yeah Morrisons is good, maybe because they have their own farms and the instore butchers actually seem to know what they’re on about, and will do you a special cut if you ask nicely, I often used to get a big picanha because I found their prepackaged ones over seasoned.

2 Likes

Japanese chicken tsukune
Portobello yakatori
Grilled miso glazed aubergine
Bbq’d sashito peppers

13 Likes

Amazing effort Sir, well, Madam really :clap:

1 Like

Is the cat fella back?

You’ve lost me Dave?

He photoed every, every fecking thing he ate . Every meal. All the time.

1 Like

I havent done breakfast (yet).

I love Japanese food :yum:

3 Likes