Brexit - Creating a Cuntocracy - Now with 4d chess option

Haven’t seen the news today but was Plan B?

Can’t see fuck all detail on the beeb beyond her scrapping a £65 fee.

Plan A with lipstick on

1 Like

Plan A - £65

Plan B was Plan A with a big B in crayon on the cover and some bullshit where the Tories congratulated themselves for removing a £65 charge that they themselves had imposed.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t bank on that, the dopey cunts would forget to turn up for the veto.

Nothing has changed. Nothing.

Nowt.

4 Likes

Since September.

The lib dems supported the referendum.

It was all to do with ukip. On all sides.

According to an article this morning, there are 500 queuing lanes at Calais and it takes 7-9 hours most crossings to get onto the boat, most of which is queuing to join the final queue where they do the actual checks. Why the fuck is it going to get much slower than that? Do the extra paperwork whilst they are queuing to queue then do the same checks they do now in the final queue (weights and stowaways mainly).

Brexit is simply shaping up to be the biggest gift to cuntish bosses ever devised - sack everyone we want to sack ‘brexit’, cut wages ‘brexit’, remove workers’ rights ‘brexit’… Only unlike the 2008 crash, they’ve had 2 years to store up all the nasty tricks this time.

Many years ago, before we were in a Customs Union I went on a trip with a mate (as a passanger) taking a 40ft artic to Holland to pick up many tons of bacon and pork products (I was destined to be a meat man even then).
The trip out empty was straightforward. Coming back it took 4 hours to clear customs from Holland to Belgium, then another couple of hours sorting paperwork at Ostend. When we got to Dover it took 8 hours to clear.

The amount of paperwork was horrendous. That was when there were over 300 shipping agents in Dover, now there are 30 agents and double the traffic. I would imagine some things would be speeded up with computerisation but the final cost of drivers wages, the down time on the vehicles(I have heard £400 a day for a lorry) will all have to be paid for in higher prices.
I saw a news programme where they showed a lorry coming into the UK from Ukraine and the peperwork was about afoot high so I doubt things have improved that much.

1 Like

1 Like

2 Likes

Sweet jesus

I’ve just spent a few mins looking at labours new Brexit Policy. It has the handprint of Baz G and not so much as a fingerprint from Keir.

To all intents and purposes it’s the same as May’s WA / PA. Different coloured unicorns, perhaps, but the same end place

History will slaughter these morons

2 Likes

Link?

Managed decline of an de-industrialising economy.

1st here, for me at least

And subsequently all over the internet

On the basis of a 5-minute glance at that link I think whoever wrote that needs to resit ECON 101 and take a course in basic statistics. It is comedy gold though. For instance:

This is a graph of Britain’s GDP growth from 1957 to 2015 which shows that GDP growth constantly increased before we joined the EU and consistently declined afterwards .

Erm, no it doesn’t. GDP growth Fluctuates about a mean of about 1.5% prior to 1967. There is an accelerated period of growth (and growth volatility) between 1968 and about 1977 (ish) after which growth reverts back to its 1.5% level by about 1990. It is not clear to me whether this is real or nominal GDP growth. I suspect it is nominal and therefore the writers can get lost, but I’m not bothered enough to check.

There is no period of constant growth on the chart (there is evidence of the business cycle and volatility cycle though) and the impact of the inflation of the 1970s and Mrs Thatcher etc putting that to bed (hence the decline in growth and volatility between 1975 and 1990). Here some basic Economic History and a bit of Macro Theory might be helpful.

In short that link is a load of rubbish at best, and lies at worst. I could demolish each and every bit of ‘analysis’ on there, but can’t be bothered.

9 Likes

Yes that’s all I could find. Isn’t it just stating that their preference would be to go back to the EU without May’s red lines & re-open negotiations on that basis (which the EU have said they’d be amenable to) as opposed to no shift on the red lines & no further negotiation (which is the EU’s attitude to May’s proposal)