Brexit - Creating a Cuntocracy - Now with 4d chess option

Plenty more. 2 from my phone histrory below

What it’s proposing is: customs union and SM reg alingnment / approximation to SM. if that sounds familiar it’s because it is. It’s as near as damn it the backstop, with some wishy washy cake wish-list bollox. It doesn’t mention ANY change of Labours hitherto red lines, including the biggie gamechanger, FoM.

I appreciate the gradual shift, but the country’s crying out for someone to step the fuck up and grab this issue by the nuts. This isn’t that.

I think that Labour may be asking for a full customs union, but without its inevitable consequences (inability to form external trade deals on products covered by it, no say, no services etc). It’s a bit unicorny, but it would be nice to see how a deal could be structured song these lines.

If it helps, this is what the Office of National Statistics thinks has happened to GDP growth over the decades, as reported here Gross Domestic Product: Quarter on Quarter growth: CVM SA % - Office for National Statistics

I can’t see a bump in the curve between, say 1971 and 1981. So is someone just fibbing ?

VB

Not sure. I think that they have compressed the scales on the horizontal axis when redrawing the graph in Excel. This tends to exacerbate the visual impact of a burst in volatilty (such as that between 1967 and 1990). I don’t see much evidence of point around 7% which are in the graph in the link.

In the midst of all the second referendum noise nobody has really mentioned Mrs May’s claims that this would affect ‘social cohesion’. Leaving aside the fact that I don’t think it is good practice to establish policy on the basis that it might irritate the gammon/fascists, I would argue that a decade of austerity has done more damage to social cohesion than a second referendum ever could. Rather than make a tedious argument to support this view, I’ll simply present this:

Any other independent article about the negative impact of cuts to the NHS, or particularly the long-term impact of cuts to education are also likely to fit in with my views on the depreciation of ‘social cohesion’ over the past decade or so.

2 Likes

Better now

3 Likes

Lets the Lib Dems off the hook though so not really improved at all.

Correct. The memory is not what it was. Thank you

I was trying to make my point irrespective of the party in Government. That view would easily pertain to previous Labour or Tory regimes here (or Labour and Coalition Goverments in Oz or Fianna Fail versus Coalition/Fine Gael in Ireland for instance).

1 Like

2 Likes

Yep. Saves reading Fama (1970) or Malkiel’s ‘A Random Walk Down Wall Street’ (amongst many, many others).

The Guerrilla Anti-Brexit Campaign Trolling Politicians With Their Own Words Is ‘Going Legit’

4 Likes

I was going to suggest this

But the people at the TheSoundingLine seem to have eliminated the statistical element and just stuck with plain, simple lying.

VB

1 Like

Consistent with the Leave campaign as a whole then.

3 Likes

Plank alert

1 Like

Not to do with Brexit?

6 Likes

Sony are following Panasonic’s lead & moving their European HQ to the Netherlands

Is that the same Singapore that just by luck has just got a trade deal with Europe?

9 Likes