Brexit - Creating a Cuntocracy - Now with 4d chess option

And the VAT (or is it duty ?) on the shipping :rage:.

VB

AFAIK, vat doesnā€™t apply to items imported from outside the EU valued below Ā£15 and there is no duty on items valued below Ā£135

Can anyone confirm this?

Pretty much. Section 2.3 here https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/notice-143-a-guide-for-international-post-users/notice-143-a-guide-for-international-post-users

VB

Both actually.

Yes, so you end up paying both. As the is no added value in just shipping it over the pond the VAT becomes just an import tariff.

And irritatingly they lump the item cost and the shipping cost together. So you can buy an item costing less than Ā£15 and youā€™ll still have to pay VAT because when the shippingā€™s added in youā€™re over the limit.

VB

Corbyn is showing his true colors.

1 Like

Steve Bell againā€¦

1 Like

What really fucks me off is people going on about it is the democratic will of the people, and how they couldnā€™t possibly vote against that.

This forgets that MPā€™s are supposed to represent their constituencies and yet many voted for brexit against their constituencies. As far as Iā€™m concerned, voting as per their constituencies would be the only acceptable way to have done it.

Yes, the vote would still have given us the same result, but at least it sound have been in line with our democratic system.

6 Likes

I really do despair about abuse of ā€˜the will of the peopleā€™. If that was the single criteria, we would likely have a four minute working week, free coke and hookers and (most worryingly) no ethnic diversity whatsoever. I am sure that the Tories and Labour are rightly nervous about UKIP knocking them off, particularly if Paul Dacre et al get going. I cannot see the current Government lasting to full term and in any scenario that involves a poll, voting against Brexit is only for the very brave or the possessors of the safest of seats. This is all largely driven by sheer stupidity and crass self interest.

6 Likes

Are we going to build a wall?

The SNP are rebuilding Hadrianā€™s wall to keep you Southern UKIP loving poofters out (Paul @pmac obviously saw the writing on (Hadrianā€™s) wall so to speak) :grinning:

Aye. Weā€™re building a wall too, to keep the Jocklodytes out :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Yeah, right in the middle of the English channel, while also building extra runways at Heathrow.

My MP defied the whip and voted against the article 50 bill. I feel like emailing to let him know that it is appreciated.

I notice that whilst telling Labour MPs to follow the whip, Diane Abbot somehow forgot to vote.

You couldnā€™t make some of this shit up. They really are a bunch of wasters.

Be nice, she had a headache :head_bandage:. I believe that very few abstained but that there were loads of MPs who were too sick to make it possible to vote :thinking:.

Bullshit by the looks of itā€¦

It quacks like bullshit.

Corbyn hates the EU yet supports the Government, she encourages Labour MPs to follow the whip and then abstains herself. Thatā€™s the end of any pretence to a new way of politics, same old self interested twats in different clothes.

3 Likes