Brexit - Creating a Cuntocracy - Now with 4d chess option

:grin:

In reality it is the ludicrous nature of either side claiming to represent what Ulster says that depresses/amuses me. Everyone says NO! most of the time. The Shinners canā€™t be bothered most of the time though.

ERGā€™s Andrew Lillico seems to be taking the days events in his stride and not in the least bit going completely and utterly mad (batshit crazy thread ahoy)

https://twitter.com/andrew_lilico/status/1105431183347847169

I still harbour faint hope of the Shinners showing up at the 11th hour to dramatically take their seats

1 Like

Gotta love the way the BBC tries to spin Coxā€™s advice.

Fox News could give them lessons in honesty & accuracy

To vote for the deal?

There wouldnā€™t be enough anyway.

People forget the EU promises (legally binding) made to Cameron when the campaigning for the vote was on. The EU dumped the promises after 3 weeks just before the vote, nothing has changed.

For the drama, but mainly just for the look on wee Sammy Wilsons face

Agree entirely on that Beeb ā€˜breakā€™. Sky showed how itā€™s done

3 Likes

Iā€™m afraid the Ukā€™s political standing in Europe is now lower than Trumps belly in a wagon rut. Politically and economically fucked, the more we dig the lower we go.

3 Likes

ERG has said no to the deal according to the BBC (Kuenssberg) and Grauniad (Elgot) so that would appear to be that. The only matter of interest now will be the fight about how long the extension of A50 will be.

I wonder if May will get the tap on the shoulder if, or rather when, A50 is extended?

In principle she is safe for the rest of the year, so who knows how strongly they will have to hint?

That is only from a leadership challenge in the Tory Party. If cabinet tells her she is finished (or they all will resign), or the ā€˜men in grey suitsā€™ tap her on the shoulder, or in extreme circumstances she loses a vote of confidence in the HoC then she is toast. I canā€™t see the vote of confidence happening, but the other two are not impossibile.

Honestly donā€™t know who thatā€™s meant to be referring to!

When Thatcher won the second leadership vote, she said she would continue. The ā€˜men in grey suitsā€™ were the party seniors who pointed out that more than 1/3 of her MPs voted against her and she needed to go. She resigned that night.

1 Like

Aha, that makes sense. It was rather before my time in all honesty, my first major political memory was the exit of Major.

May seem to be more stubborn than Thatcher, and cares less what anyone thinks of her

That was when Major and Heseltine and a few other grown-ups were on the scene though. FFS look who might end up at the wheel now. The rest of them make Gove look good !

Here are a few of the present grey suiters - Boris would have food stains on his jacket (sorry Ritchie, coat) and semen on the trousers, Goveā€™s would have his wifeā€™s hand up the back, Grayling would have both legs down one trouser, Rees-Mogg only ever seems to wear black, Williamsonā€™s jacket would open at the back but would be tied there and the extra-long arms would be wrapped around him ā€¦

VB

5 Likes

Maybe it would need a long-term buddy like Grayling to tell her? She might trust him, I guess?

Since when has Grayling ever managed to make something depart when it should?

3 Likes

But it would cost the taxpayer 33m

(A snip, frankly)

1 Like

Ahahahahahahahaha, the ERG snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, the absolute fucknuggets.

2 Likes

Insane, isnā€™t it

https://twitter.com/PCollinsTimes/status/1105451640226828288