Brexit - Creating a Cuntocracy - Now with 4d chess option

Actually looks like the DUP were going to nope it out (shocker) anyway.

How are we supposed to interpret the ‘meaning’ part of the word meaningful?

Given that they seem prepared to hold as many as it takes.

Meaningless Vote seems more appropriate.

1 Like

Shit’s going to hit the fan here.

1 Like

Happening status: It’s

Gets her off pulling the vote which she probably would have done.

Just referenced the 11th December when they pulled the first vote.

I told you he was absolutely fucking livid about that. Massive payback moment

2 Likes

This is fucking great.

He has put a stick in an ants nest & wiggled it around. It may set unwanted precedents with regard to other motions & amendments that have already been voted on.

Bercow might be winging it here, making it up as he goes along!

… if you can’t beat em …

1 Like

A change in an opinion would not itself be a change in the offer.

Ooch. Have that, Cox…

I’ve been waiting for this moment

I think this makes forcing the government to allow a series of indicative votes all the more likely now.

James unCleverly teeing himself up for a shoeing.

And to try and move forward with something near sensible…

More lunacy to come I’m sure

The TIG’s push for a PV last week looking even more foolish now. Hope it doesn’t scupper the opportunity for a more co-ordinated push at some later date. There will be much more resistance to it because of Bercow’s ruling here.

1 Like

This is splendid.

Slightly worried that the Jihadis are praising Bercow, but assume it’ll take a while for everything to sink in with them.

Mad mad mad times

Well one thing seems clear.

The fate of any future business relating to Brexit is now firmly in the hands of John Bercow. Short of him being bumped off by MI5, this seems to be A Good Thing.

9 Likes

Not sure where things go from here.

Maybe,

9 month extension to A 50
New Conservative leader
General election

Who knows.

‘Parliament is sovereign’ and ‘Bring back control’ are all very well as mottoes until they sink the tissue paper canoe you have floated up shit creek in. Expect trouble, or a General Election, or both.

Bercow is a brave man as there will be nutters looking to make a serious point at his expense both in the HoC and outside.

3 Likes

Tomorrow’s Heil and Express will be hilarious

4 Likes

On the plus side, if he derails Brexit, it’s absolutely the opportunity that Farage needs to justify going up against him at a GE (speaker normally not being challenged but only as a matter of convention) to bring his all time efforts to fail to get into parliament to 8.

4 Likes