Care at home

A bit of an update…

After many fruitless calls to the SS on Tuesday, yesterday we decided on a different approach. We contacted our local gp surgery (we are fortunate to have a modern purpose built medical centre in our village) - they had been superb last year when Ann had her diverticular flare up.
Despite that Uncle is not even registered there, after speaking to reception, the doctor called back about 30 minutes later. We explained the situation and he suggested that he come over to see Uncle.
He duly arrived and after an examination, said that he should really be in hospital and summoned an ambulance. He also said that he should not have been discharged without a care plan and if they called to ask us to collect him again, we should call the surgery before agreeing.
It’s 3am as I’m typing this - we were just woken by a call from the hospital. Uncle is very poorly - has internal bleeding from his kidneys and we should prepare ourselves for bad news :slightly_frowning_face:

13 Likes

Sorry to hear that. Thoughts are with you all today.

1 Like

So sorry to hear that Jim.

1 Like

What a terrible situation Jim. Heres hoping he pulls through.

1 Like

Sorry to hear this

1 Like

Best wishes Jim in these difficult times - It is great to know that you have some excellent local GP support.

1 Like

Really sorry to hear that Jim, especially given the apparent lack of duty of care by the hospital, that seems extremely poor.

1 Like

Really sorry to hear this Jim. My thoughts are with you all.

1 Like

sorry to hear this @Jim, our thoughts are with you.

1 Like

Hospitals here are desperate to free up beds. Sadly, I suspect this is happening quite frequently.

1 Like

Sorry to hear this Jim. Fingers crossed that uncle recovers. Whatever happens though, it sounds like Ann and you and the GP did your very best whereas the hospital has taken a much riskier path.

1 Like

Sounds like your GP is one of the good guys. Your hospital, not so much.
Here’s hoping your uncle pulls through and that the hospital does the right thing this time

1 Like

Oh, that is terrible Jim.

1 Like

Very sad news Jim, at least he is in the hospital which is obviously where he needs to be.

1 Like

Sad news Bruv.

1 Like

The lack of social support post hospital is why beds are blocked, why A&E backs up and why ambulances are sitting for 4 hours with patients they can’t discharge. So many people who could be out of hospital are stuck in there, and (I’m certain) their outlook degrades significantly as a result.

2 Likes

Sad news but at least he has people like you and Ann who care about his interests.

Hopefully not but if he does pass away that will be in a hospital with people to look after him and not home alone.

1 Like

Jesus wept Jim, sorry to read this mate :frowning:

No matter the outcome, when the dust settles, I’d be talking to some ambulance-chasers about rinsing those cunts in the SS bone fucking dry :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

That is terribly sad news Jim.

1 Like

Its not them that needs it though, is it? They have no money to do their job and have to make some awful decisions. Yes there will be some shockers working there but be honest, would you do their job on their money? No way I would. This goes right to the top, Sunak and co cutting local budgets year after year after year. Suing your local council just compounds it .