CNC or 3D print all the things

Not bad. How deep can you go?

Z clearance is about 150-200mm, Z travel is about 120mm I think, so the main limitation is the tool length.

I haven’t really done anything thicker than 18mm ply.

Is it just router blades, or does it do laser as well?

Does it have adjustable speed or do you set the cut depth less for harder material?

No laser just a router.

Router is on an inverter 5000-20000rpm.

1 Like

Are these vastly expensive? I’m guessing they take up a fair bit of real estate?

Depends what you want to do with it, the machines that will handle wood aren’t that expensive really:

If you want to hog out aluminium/steel or turn things then you are talking about machine centres that are 10s/100s of thousands.

Project or lemon?

In all honesty no idea, My knowledge is pretty much limited to hobby/self built machines using bits off ebay :smiley:

In theory, so long as the linear drive/bearings etc is all in good condition it might be ok, but rather hard to tell.

Get one,and a mini engraver

I want a Datron.

3 Likes

That would be adequate

Both armboards for Terminator finished today.
Ready for fitting to Acoustic Signature Turntable.

7 Likes

Terminator armboard is situ.
It sounded excellent, there might be something in this linear tonearm business.

13 Likes

Yup.

1 Like

48 posts were split to a new topic: Tonearm massematics (aka bollocks)

I think this is a red herring. The real problem with Decca carts is alignment. They are very sensitive to being misaligned and their design makes it difficult to get right. I’ve heard Deccas sounding wonderful and awful in all sorts of arms.

1 Like

Dunno why you are replying to me Paul. You might want to point out to @coco that he has oafishly and cloddishly left your post behind when attempting his moddingisms

:roll_eyes:

Happy New Year though

1 Like

It’s hard to keep up when sorting out the mess you cunts make. Accept it, or I’ll bring in the thread consolidation police.

1 Like

Ha, hadn’t even noticed. It should of course have been to Adam. @coco is probably a bit pished bet he’s been on the gin again :grinning: happy new year to you too Olan :beers:

1 Like