Computer games and that

Wolfenstein 3D was my most favourite. Best game ever.

1 Like

Nah, Metal Gear Solid.
Seriously weird at times but seriously good.

1 Like

I discovered girlsā€¦

2 Likes

Nomad Soul was my favourite. You could go in the bar and watch Bowie on stage.

2:15 into this one:

You freak!

Civ 6 is really good. I played 5 to death and itā€™s a huge improvement.

I used to write computer games, nearly 30 years of that will burn any joy you derive from playing a game from your soul. After 5 years of not making them any longer I have finally been able to stand playing games again. I bought an nvidia shield to use with Kodi (which it does in a very admirable way) but have also started playing a racing game called Asphalt 8 on it. Quite addictive in a fantastical sort of way - apparently nitrous works with a tesla, an audi e-tron and a citroen survolt. Quite fun though.

1 Like

What games did you work on?

From what Iā€™ve heard about the games industry, itā€™s an absolutely brutal place to work, especially in the run-ups to launches.

Many, many that youā€™ve probably never heard of.
A very incomplete list is hereā€¦

The games industry is horrific. Hereā€™s some outtakes from an interview I did with a retro gamer journalist a year or so ago.

Back when i started it was very rock and roll without the money or women (the money was there for some but not us on the pointy end) but in your late teens / early 20ā€™s you can weather the outrageous hours and sporadic pay. Once you want a family, morgage and a bit of stability itā€™s a nightmare as all those ā€˜bedroom startupā€™ guys who toiled away in their bedrooms and garages to build a company expect the same from their employees as they are exactly the same macho man children they were 20 years ago.
I understand that steve jobs was difficult to work with, iā€™ll put him up against some of my ex bosses any day.

1 Like

OK downloading Civ6 now. RIP life.

4 Likes

Let me know how you get on with it.

Could be tricky from beyond the Lethe.

VB

Nintendo Switch and Zelda :heart_eyes:. Goodbye every spare fucking moment including sleep!

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been playing this since release on the WII U, I havenā€™t been listening to my hifi/music that much, itā€™s a very engrossing game indeed. Have fun.

Iā€™ve been doing similar with Mass Effect: Andromeda recently. So immersive and such good fun.

I have to say that Nintendo have produced something very interesting and with plenty of promise. Its a docked console that you can pick up and use as a handheld thanks to the innovative joypad design.

Itā€™ll probably die on its arse because you canā€™t port all the usual PS and Xbox stuff over onto it and software companies wonā€™t want to spend time on it versus the bigger platforms.

Still, so far this looks to be the best Zelda yet.

Nintendo have only really been about their games, if i do get a Switch later in the year it will be just for the few games they produce alone.

Iā€™m glad they delayed the release of Zelda Breath of the Wild, having been influenced by games like Skyrim with itā€™s open world/physics based nature, a good move on Nintendoā€™s part.

1 Like

Sniggerā€¦

Youā€™ll love joystick then :grinning:

1 Like