Computer games and that

Well yes. I spent about £45. But I believe that what I bought will have a good bit of longevity :man_shrugging:

That’s a good point.
Sony have revamped their online sub to a tiered system with access to free games.
Like the tellybox it is all streaming and hard copy discs are less common.
You need to look at how you play. I binge on a big game rarely.
I play online only for Warzone.
A sub isn’t ideal for that so a disc helps.

I went digital, there’s always sales on and I prefer the looks. The sub gives me enough games and you can get cheaper vouchers. Disc is best value though overall

Didn’t you have a disc edition? Is it the one that fried itself?

Digital fried itself so I bought the disc to play 3hrs of RE8 DLC then sold it for £35 more

My replacement digital edition is randomly powering off when I was trying it on the new TV. Need to test it properly tonight else that’s going back too

1 Like

Proper newbie question but what are the cheapest places to buy games from (can be on disc if cheaper)? I’m aware of CDKeys but wonder if there are better.

Having got an Xbox earlier this year (first time I’ve owned/played a console since my N64) I’ve been happily using Game Pass but there are a few games I want to get that aren’t on there / own for when they inevitably get removed. Microsoft’s store seems pretty expensive.

Five finger discount store?

Places like Music Magpie & CEX, Game have a pre-owned section.

Bear in mind if the disc came with a download code for bonus content, that will usually have gone.

1 Like

Finally convinced myself to pull the trigger on a PS5 disc edition at Game last night. But by that time they’d gone out of stock again…

2 Likes

And they came in stock again this afternoon, so a disc edition/The Last of Us bundle is on its way. Really wanted a COD Modern Warfare 2 bundle but they all seem to include FIFA and I’m extra shite at football games.

2 Likes

Any good PS5 games I should be looking out for? I like FPS, SciFi, combat flight sim type stuff?

Happy to try something a bit out of the ordinary if it’s engaging enough.

is actually the best game ever IMO (and you were probably offered it in a bundle).

Obviously this is just my weird opinion, and it might not 100% work without the context of the previous game.

Although “best” is really just a holding pattern for Borderlands 4.

1 Like

Play the last of us, it’s great
Then 2

Then RE8

2 Likes

Download Warzone 2 for free
I’ll have a look what I still have to lend. God of war? Might have some others.

2 Likes
1 Like

Want:

1 Like

I never liked those ride-on bike games. Having ridden a real bike was a hinderance for them I felt.

Now if it was one of those big Afterburner cabinets…

1 Like
2 Likes

I remember playing G-LOC in one of those at Blackpool, it was great.

2 Likes