Computer games and that

Yes please Steve, can do a reverse lend with The Last of Us pt 1 if you’ve not already got it?

1 Like

All the Wolfenstein games are available as an “Alt History” bundle for £10.99 on the PlayStation store.

Quite difficult to find though - doesn’t show up in a search for me, I only found it by scrolling through the sale.

2 Likes

Let me know which one (or both) and a postage address by message.
I’ve played LoU on ps4 but might be up for a run through on the 5!
:+1:t2:

I haven’t played TLOU yet and treated myself to the PS5 version for my birthday last week. Loving it so far, although my wife gave me covid for my birthday and I haven’t felt up to playing it since. A bit intense :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I played a bit of Astro’s Playroom earlier. I’ve watched the kids play it but not played that much myself.

I’m a bit Souls’d out. I’ve got about 1/3rd left of DS3 and I restarted DS1 for Return to Lordran, then pretty abruptly just could not give a fuck. From Software games were easily the bulk of what I played last year so time for something else.

I’m going to play TLOU pt 1 but also open to suggestions?

1 Like
5 Likes

Part of my life right there in that tune. Sad but true :metal:

2 Likes

Flight sim ( joke)

2 Likes

2 Likes

Think we might have came across the same engineer…

4 Likes

Finally got around to trying Sniper Elite 5 in earnest.

I think I’m getting a grip on the genre at least, but bloody hell am I rubbish at the gameplay, even on “easy” setting.

Yesterday’s mission was to eavesdrop on a secret meeting. I finally got to the appointed location having bludgeoned my way through the town.

“Hmm”, I think, “I’d better set a trap in case someone sneaks up on me while I’m listening”.

Instead of setting a trap I manage to drop a grenade on my own foot.
It goes off, nearly killing me.
The ensuing noise alerts all the bad guys who come rushing towards me.
There is a shotgun-based bloodbath.

The game was very forgiving - “oh well, so much for eavesdropping, but you can at least pick up the documents from the piles of dead bodies you’ve left behind”.

10 Likes

I’m shit at the sneaking around thing. I’m stuck at the blowing up the radar station bit, I shot a guard instead of stabbing him, whereupon the entire Wehrmacht descended on me, killed me, and are still there when I restart so I get killed again almost immediately. Probably going to have to start from the beginning.

3 Likes

When I play things like an Elder Scrolls game, it’s all about the sneaking (and archery) characters. Ditto when I played things like Crysis. But never actually tried a game where it’s the core gameplay.

1 Like

I would genuinely subscribe to your Twitch stream of this.

1 Like

Games should have easy, really easy, piece of piss easy, and middle aged man easy.

The whole fucking point of playing games is that I can’t do a double backflip while shooting bad guys in real life, and I want to be able to do that by clicking one button within a five second window.

1 Like

I was a bit disappointed in 5 tbh - I still think 4 is the best game of the franchise especially if you get the added missions.

1 Like

My daughter (9) and I completed It Takes Two together last weekend. Really wonderful game - doesn’t seem to be anything else quite like it out there. We had so much fun playing it together. Highly recommended.

1 Like

I’ve been playing The Last of Us and I don’t really have the patience for stealth, certainly not at the time of day I manage to site down and play. I usually get bored, find a corner I think I can defend, chuck a brick and get blasting.

Sniper elite 4 was excellent in 2 player co-op

The last of us 2 has one of the harshest stories I’ve ever played in a video game.

Booked march 24th off for Resident Evil 4 remake. It looks absolutely mental

1 Like