Cuntscooters - should they be legal?

Cheaper than a black cab then.

Yes they should be legal. Then they can be regulated

4 Likes

As it is, there’s no real incentive to get a safe one in terms of speed etc. I see stories of people getting 1000W ones that can easily be hacked to to 30mph; some are much faster.

Obviously it’s only “immortal” youngsters getting these, but they have to stay alive to pay our pensions. Something must be done.

Exactly, like drugs, a ban just puts them in the hands of criminals. By regulating them instead, legitimate business takes over and the situation is safer for all.

They are regulated now by means of hire companies in trial areas.
The issue as i see it is poor education and retailers not making buyers aware of the current legislation.
Nearly every stop ive done for private scooters on the road has been an owner that was unaware (or claimed to be) of the law around the use.
Shops are selling them with providing that information too. Parents are buying as gifts for children oblivious to the legality.

I think e scooters are a great idea in our congested cities but we really need better education for users and drivers to make it safer and more practical.

1 Like

To a point, I agree. I just don’t want one on the bus as they’re known to spontaneously combust.

Therefore, I agree with the ban bybTfL, GTR and now Southeastern Trains.

Again regulation would mean that this is far less likely, as we have safety standards in this country. For now.

For now, I accept the risk assessment (s) carried out by the above mentioned organisations.

Being made from Aluminium, Glass Reinforced Plastic and a bit of Steel, buses don’t take long to go up in flames…

Do you have issues with mobile phones on buses?

Or laptops on planes?

1 Like

TfL, Southern and Southeastern Trains don’t have a problem with mobile telephones, so neither do I. :sunglasses:

:roll_eyes:

I used to do work for charge master and visited their offices in Luton a fair but. One of the guys there, an incredibly talented electronics engineer from Eastern Europe who rumour had it was involved with spetznaz. Anyway he built himself an E-bike before they were really a thing, it looked like a chunky wheeled but normal bike he was pulled over by the rozzers because they wanted to know how he was doing 65mph on a pushbike. And that was before he added ‘the high power motors’

Fucking lunatic.

5 Likes

Can’t count the number of times I’ve had one of these cunts silently overtake me while walking on the pavements.
They deserve to be ripped apart by chimpanzees (the riders and the scooters)

5 Likes

In many ways I agree. I think that scooters are a great method of transport, but they need to be regulated. It needs to be safe, for riders and others. It’s not complicated, but it needs to work.

1 Like

Age restrictions and registration plates at a bare minimum. Vehicle insurance would probably be a good idea as well.
Pushbike registration plates would be a good thing too.

3 Likes

You should deffo go on PFM and propose those measures.

5 Likes

Great way of encouraging people to use greener forms of transport.

Lithium mining FTW!

1 Like

Lithium mining FTW!

I’m sure they could make registration plates from hemp.

1 Like