Cycling

@spacehopper

:+1:

2 Likes

I saw that Gareth - quite a coup maybe now they’ll fill all the fucking potholes in :grinning:

2 Likes

Joking aside it looks amazing but they really need to get a good route together for the road racing and not use the European Chapionships one which was just essentially loads of laps around Glasgow.

Grandfondo World Champs for us old gits are due to be held during this week, with the pros for the first time.

Great event, did it a couple of years ago and didn’t appreciate before going out quite what an international/represent your country event it would be. Assumed it would be much like any other sportif but it was very much a World Champs vibe. Vast majority were kitted out in their countries team kit.

Finish in the top 25% of your age category in a qualifier event in order to qualify. Going to be some serious competition to make the UK team at The Tour of Cambridgeshire 2023.

2 Likes

Knee playing up from all the running so fitted a few new bits to my hardtail: bottom bracket, chainring, cassette, jockey wheels, pedals and, of course, a goldie lookin’ chain. Tidy, mun. Looking forward to a spin on Sunday.

Edit: tried it out cycling down to the rugby and back. Shifting super smooth :sunglasses:

11 Likes

Noice!

1 Like

Seems a pity to get that dirty! :sunglasses:

How do you manage to keep the bike quite as sparklingly clean - even after a good clean my bikes never look like that :grinning:

Out of interest where did you get your chainring I’ve been having real problems finding a replacement outer ?

The components replaced were caked in mud and grime, so you are seeing the shininess of brand new bits.

Chainring is a specific design (alternating thick and thin teeth) for a single ring. The tooth profile better matches the gaps in the chain, and even bouncing around off-road the chain doesn’t come off.

From this place: http://absoluteblack.cc/chainrings.html

Cheers - some price for stuff these days. :sob:

But Absolute Black have a reputation for that. And another sort of reputation for some of their more exotic aftermarket tweaks too :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
That chainring looks the business though.

Yep. Boutique brand, so to speak.

I’ll pass on the looks as long as it’s long lasting. :grinning:

Grumpy cunt of the week

5 Likes

:ok_hand:

4 Likes

First ever British rider to win it as well :+1:

Here you go lads.

U know it makes sense.

3 Likes

Great drone flying.

6 Likes

Not bad riding either !

4 Likes

Riding down those steps with the wide bars, mad! I like how the video shows how fast they go between the corners and jumps.