Cycling

It was an absolutely mental course - one lap for qualifying on the Sat and two laps on the Sunday - we gave up very early on the Sunday as we were too hungover :joy:

Some of it was seriously dangerous thoā€™ as it had been raining for about three weeks solid prior to the event so the ā€œwater crossingā€ was a fucking raging torrent about waist deep and sooooooooooo cold.

It was a brilliant experience as we got to race with legends like Ned Overend. My memory is a bit hazy but I think John Tomac was there but didnā€™t race - might be wrong it was so long ago. :grinning:

The following year it was in Strathpeffer which was even more mental but we diecided to spectate rather than ride. The highlights were giving Thomas Frischknecht absolute dogs abuse for carrying his bike over the finishing line in protest as he thought the course was too hard and we got Tinker Juarez (an absolute gent) drunk on Baileys :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Happy days indeed.

1 Like

Yum

2 Likes

Other than the seat stays finishing above the top tube joint on the seat tube. That never, ever looks correct.

Always loved this Zaskar frameset :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Triple triangle :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Drool

Itā€™s rival at the time was the Donkeys Nob built by Dave Yates.:smirk:

1 Like

Iā€™ve a Roberts White Spider. Unfortunately itā€™s in pieces, and in the loft.

Awaiting progress with my sitting balance and comfort.

'Twas my pride and joy. :frowning:

Nice - you should get it built up so itā€™s ready to go when your back ready to go :+1:

Nice ride out yesterday, havenā€™t done that much this year as still have a dodgy knee but feeling the urge again :slightly_smiling_face:

_IGP9937-Edit.jpg by -DaveBailey1-

Also started looking at new bikesā€¦

3 Likes

Double Triangle + 1 trapezoid.

2 Likes

ā€¦reckon Iā€™ve ogled every bike going - all the temptations of British bike builders like Mason, Enigma and Fairlight then onto Canyon, Trek and Cannondaleā€¦but Iā€™ve ended up very tempted by maybe getting something from the biggest mass cycle manufacturer in the world :thinking:

Might give one a test ride, maybe that will put me off.

Had a couple of nice 30 milers out of Sedburgh this week, lovely quiet lanes. Iā€™m liking the Giant Toughroad for my trundling.

3 Likes

Makes you wonder why the marketing team didnā€™t choose that insteadā€¦

2 Likes

Fuck. Just had my bike stolen from outside Sainsburyā€™s - they must have cut through the chain - saw the cctv footage and it was a pair, one looking out and the other nicking the bike :rage:

Bastards. Was it insured?

Yep

Bummer. Hope the images were good enough for plod to identify the shits. Did you have the number registered on one of the databases?

Glad to hear it. :+1:

Hopefully the thieves will be nabbed.

I use these for security when out and about: Abus Granit U-lock

Most annoying thing - have a week off work and Hel and I had lots of bike trips planned.

1 Like