Cycling

I’m really looking forward to it Dan - the big test will be if the weather is pish.

June, in Scotland? weather will be perfect, maybe.

Northumberland & Borders weather what could possibly go wrong :joy:

1 Like

Don’t worry Ben we’re used to that :+1:

1 Like

Absolutely Allan; I remember a couple of my rides last year in Scotland…in August :snowflake: :wind_face: brrr…guess you never put the winter gear away?

They’re never far away :grinning:

That was a brilliant, albeit very cold day, riding around Loch Katrine. Also good for the old bike handling skills.

1 Like

Not too bad considering I’ve not done much since Sep

1 Like

Good effort Allan, my Strava year was a bit rubbish, although some of that was down to my Garmin failing to upload on many occasions (crap excuse; Ed).

Going for a bigger year in 2019 though.

See too this guy doing the Rapha festive 500 in a day :flushed:

1 Like

Impressive although they are mental.

A couple from today’s run - cracking day for the bike

6 Likes

Already signed up for several sportives this year.
I’ve also been talked into the Bloodwise Triathlon at Blenheim Palace in June (750m swim, 15k ride, 5k run).
What a difference a year makes. I must be mad.

2 Likes

If your doing a Triathlon then yes you are Phil :grinning:

1 Like

Finally got round to cleaning my dirty dirty bike over the holidays. The expensive crash replacement that I was totally going to cherish and coddle and clean and lube regularly. I think I cleaned it the week after I got it in March and it hadn’t been cleaned since.

These made short work of cleaning it to a sparkling finish! Way better than sponges. Even got the stubborn road grease off the drive train pretty easily. I polished it up with some posh Muc Off wax afterwards, which I had intended to do before the onset of winter (but didn’t)

1 Like

:+1: good tip

No fragrance baby wipes also excellent for oily bits like driveside chainstay

1 Like

Got a gentle spin down to Bath planned for the morning. Sunday lunch at The Hope Pole, then a sloooow ride back to Bristol, whilst full of food and beer.

1 Like

Enjoy mate :hamburger::beer::mountain_biking_man:

1 Like

Cheers Allan. Just need to get up early enough to fit new back wheel, 2 new tyres, 2 sets of brake blocks, handlebar grips and trim all cables.

15 minutes should do it :rofl:

1 Like

Good luck with that Gareth - I had the same intention during the week and ended up freezing my bollocks off after two hours :rofl: