Cycling

OK, maybe half an hour then…

I’m not as adept at fixing bike things as you though :frowning_face:

We cycled to my daughter’s climbing lesson this morning and she had a flat by the time we arrived. Puncture fixed in the cafe, followed by coffee and cake. Nice.

I do have a bike workshop in my garage, complete with most tools and a wheel jig. Despite being a short, stumpy ex-rugby player, I was massively into bikes for a long time and loved tinkering and fixing. I would have never entertained the thought of joining a club or competing as I know my physical limitations!

1 Like

I would like to be more self-sufficient with regards bike maintenance but my lack of patience is serious drawback.

When you turn pro, I’ll be your mechanic :+1:

More likely Gareth :rofl:

2 Likes

A friend who knows a friend can get me a very nice discount on one of these…

The guy is an ex world tour mechanic and will do a top job of assembly. He wont just unbox it and bolt the bars etc on. It’s getting done properly. I’m well excited!

6 Likes

Very nice Phil - full Ultegra Di2 ?

1 Like

Yes, with Aeolus Pro 3 carbon rims.
Will change the bars and stem for Deda ones (Retul fit recommendation) and cassette to a 11-30.

A couple of pics from our run today - very cold when we set off and of course I have the obligatory crash on some ice

17_01_19_1_1

Heading over to Kilcreggan - looking back toward Greenock

17_01_19_2_2

Heading over to Kilcreggan and my mate Dave with his gimp suit on

17_01_19_3_3

Glen Fruin

Coffee with Ben Lomond

5 Likes

Looks lovely Allan, uplifting…better than my morning of all my trains cancelled on Southwesternrailway and then traipsing through slushy sleet to another station #shouldhavecycledin.

Like that Trek I think I’ll test the Domane out soon. Like the look of the Isospeed system and I would go Di2 too.

Also thinking about Bromptons…

1 Like

If it’d fit then this is a bargain:

https://www.triuk.com/products/time/time-izon-dura-ace-2017

Or for something a bit faster & stiffer:

https://www.triuk.com/products/time/time-scylon-dura-ace-2017

No disc brakes, so a no from me.

Nice and I like the Di2 versions, unsurprisingly sold out.

I’m a disc convert too but for me they are still a PITA, slightest bit of taint and screechy in the wet and when they go wrong major effort five spanners in Haynes terms. The stopping power though is comforting.

Nice, a few guys in our club have SLR’s and like them.

1 Like

A few pics from today’s spin on the bike

The Isle of Arran in the distance

7 Likes

Looks wonderful Allan

It was a cracking day Ben - although it was still quite bracing as it’s been -6 most nights for the last week.

Did the cold annoy you? Was it the ire of Allan by the Isle Of Arran?

1 Like

You on the cider Gareth :grinning: