Cycling

e-Bike ?

Really think you’d keep up with those guys on an e-bike?!

Fireblade more like

Ben Lomond at Inverbeg.

Seeing as it’s the anniversary of my Dad passing away last year I decided to go for a run rather than mope about as he always enjoyed hearing about my cycling and he came up trumps with the weather. :ok_hand:

12 Likes

Nice

1 Like

Classics are done, now for the big guns.

Who’s on it for the Giro?

Primoz Roglic looking very good, will he handle the big mountains this time?

Looking forward to it - my favourite out of the big three.

I’ve not been watching much racing so far this year so need to catch up with who’s riding etc.

Nicer weather for a run today

2 Likes

Are you carrying the bike over the shoulder CX stylee on this “run” ?

I know it sounds a bit strange to a proper runner Keith but I’ve always said this in reference to my bike rides - don’t really know why.

Yep, that was the phrase i always used when going out for a ride back in the day.

Chaps , I’m looking at getting a cheap action cam to mount on my bike for the commute and also to for when we go out cycling with our 6 year old. Maybe even mount it on her bike looking up at her.

Don’t want to pay the earth but want it to be half decent and able to get spare mounts etc for it.
An older GoPro maybe ?
Any other suggestions ?

Will I need a P.c to upload the films on ?

Thanks in advance

Been riding only my hardtail for the last couple of years, so have de-cobwebbed this and done a quick service before a trip to Cwmcarn in the morning.

4 Likes

Hardtails rock

I’ve an original Garmin Virb, does the job though I don’t often use it. Expect they’re available pretty cheaply 2nd hand. The newer version appears to go for around £150 refurbished/new

Yes, PC required or MAC I guess

Took part in the Blenheim Palace Triathlon yesterday. My first Tri, it was a fantastic day out.
It’s been good to add a bit of jogging and swimming to my cycling regime. A more thorough workout for my body, using muscles that cycling doesn’t.
Already planning to do it again next year.

14 Likes

Nice one; did triathlons for a fair few years but never got around to Blenheim Palace. Windsor was always good. I’d recommend a seaside one too - I used to love the sea swims, as long as it wasn’t too rough :slight_smile:

1 Like

How long did the various bits take?

(hot day for it yesterday)

My times were:

750 metre swim 19 mins 30 secs
20k cycle 50 mins 42 secs
5.8k run 44 mins 36 secs

I basically only had 2 weeks of running and swimming training. I injured my left calf a few weeks ago and had to rest it for almost a fortnight for the Velo Birmingham Sportive (100 miles).
Took me a few days to recover after the sportive, then I did a couple of open water swims first.
I found these very tough tbh. It’s been a long time since I’ve done any nonstop distance swimming.
The running was ok, I’m not great at it, but manage at my own (very slow) pace. Better to take it slow and avoid injury.

So yesterday at Blenheim, was very hot, but a lovely family day out. Happy to finish, considering how out of shape I was early last year. There was a bad accident at a bridge on the cycle. Everyone had to dismount and walk past on every lap. The poor chap looked in a bad way - face down in a bloody mess. Hope he’s ok, never heard anything after.

The swim certainly sapped my strength for a bit, took me half a cycle lap (3 in total) to recover. Quite a hilly route, so a good workout. The run was ok, if a bit hot. A mixture of jogging and walking from me. I survived it and had a big smile at the end.

I had no idea how I’d get on overall, hoped somewhere between 2 and 2.5 hours. So pretty happy with my time. Planning to give it another go next year and will continue regular swimming and running from now on.

9 Likes

Well done :+1:

Always fancied a go at a tri but I’m cack on a bike over longer distances.

1 Like

Froome is out of the tour…

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/news/breaking-news-froome-to-miss-tour-de-france/ar-AACMdn0?ocid=spartanntp