I guess those cases kind of lend themselves to that

Looks great :+1:

Also…

1 Like

Indeed, only a complete idiot would have all that shite on the rack :grinning:

1 Like

Mini XLRs are horrible. That is all.

(unconnected to above)

I’m getting some Tannoy Eaton’s in a couple of weeks, idle googling has thrown up R-GRF’s. I could probably make the cabs, is the effort worth it, or would a cross-over rebuild/refurb be better?

As usual, I’ve never even heard Tannoys at length, just something on the list of must try at some point, and I’ve a small room…:man_facepalming:

Make me some bigger cabs for my Cheviots and I’ll let you know :wink:

1 Like

Rectangular GRF cabs are mostly used with 15" drivers.
Vintage Eatons came with 12" HPD 295 A’s. I’m not sure what the T&S parameters are for these but I’d start there if looking to re-house them.
I’ve got a (Now tatty pair) of Speedy Steve rectangular GRF’s that could be adapted to 12" with a bit of baffle faffage.

Google threw up some interesting discussions on the Wam, 9 years ago though.
Eaton’s are 10" HPD’s, I’ve seen a few pics of Steve’s narrow GRF cab’s and they’d fit my space, but it’d be an outside build in the summer.

Didn’t bob c have some grf 12” at Scalford?

Never seen 10” grfs

Steve did the fist narrows for me, I’ve still got them if you fancy a play - I’m not too sure about 10" in them though. A similar scaled down design is the Tannoy Corenetta enclosure which was designed for 10" in Japan (They also did a corner version which I would guess, having had the corner GRF and rectangular GRF’s, would be better.

Spot the difference in the Corenetta and GRF rectangulars…

1 Like

Thanks for the offer, I’ll see if I like the std ones and proceed from there.
If there’s any GRF’s in the Midlands it may make decisions easier :thinking:

I found a plan on TNT Audio for 10” cabs, I’ll post it when I’m home.

Next shenanigans are crossovers, anyone used the EBay seller?

I would say find pick the settings you like from the auto formers and just build a set of fixed crossovers at those values. I had mine rebuilt like for like and I reckon they sound pretty good. You can spend a mint on foo, outboard crossovers but if you don’t like the overall sound of the drivers and cabs it’ll be a waste of money

1 Like

I appear to have just ordered a pair of Sowter 1367 preamp transformers…

2 Likes