DIY Audio General - stuff you're making, tips, advice sought, etc

and try not to be so careless with them this time :roll_eyes:

What are you on about?

WiWi tubes. Hong Kong

Lost in transit, so be more careful … oh never mind.

I think he’s got some RCA ones too. If so they wouldn’t be cheap. But they ought to ship safely.

Listed under Brand but not model😳

1 Like

Trying to source in the UK, may try HK if that fails as buying from the US has been a mare recently.

I’ve only dealt with Lorenz at WiWi once, but he was very professional.

2 Likes

I have dealt with him several times with no problems.

2 Likes

Same as this. Very helpful.

Various vintages, and some current models, of AN JP preamps use the Alps RK50 potentiometer, which has been like hen’s teeth over the past few years, but it appears Mouser have some in stock

https://www.mouser.co.uk/ProductDetail/Alps-Alpine/RK50112A0004?qs=YMSFtX0bdJBI8HSVYRVKjw%3D%3D

which is nice

The price is nice…for Mouser!

agreed, but less spendy than the last few I have sourced from various corners of t’interweb

try Octopart, Mouser are the least costly :scream:

Fortunately I have no reason to buy one at the moment!

I can’t speak for the price, but their delivery is still holding up very nicely. I placed an order around 23:30 on Monday and the box was in my hand at 10:30 this morning. 59 hours for picking, packing and delivery from Mansfield TX and the delivery (FedEx, trackable all the way) was ‘free’ on a £38+VAT order.

1 Like

I’ve always found them to be excellent. :+1:

34 Likes

These would have been fantastic for scalford

2 Likes

Imagine the bass in one of those little bedrooms!!

1 Like

ftfy

The twat who allocated the rooms at the last few Scalfords would no doubt have allocted that system to the smallest most inaccesible room in the hotel!

1 Like