DIY Audio General - stuff you're making, tips, advice sought, etc

They have a contact email at the bottom of the page.

Just realised he’s in Canada though so that’s why you’re asking!

1 Like

The US distributor says they will ship anywhere for $100.

1 Like

Plus a 5% discount if you email. I’d decided against a kit as it’ll take me forever but you have me looking again :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Yes plus 20 percent VAT this end etc.

It is what it is, i shall start saving some pennies.

You need a nice LCR phono :grinning: (I actually have spare PCBs for the BTJ3000 I made for Kevin) if you fancy a build.

2 Likes

Have a chat about that tonight Pete. I presume a manual would be replaced with lots of dial up sweary advice :smile:

Pretty much! Always happy to support DIY efforts so can provide schematics, parts lists, advice, etc.

Obvs casework, etc. would be up to you, but I figure you’re perfectly capable of that!

1 Like

And power supply of course.
How is your back Bob? :smile:

1 Like

Well, there’s a PCB for that also, but yes, it’s a boat-anchor choke-input type as designed, You could always use something different. I ran the prototype off a high voltage labs supply.

You have just done a Ratner. Please edit this post, I fear you may damage the CoCo brand terribly. Everybody knows a CoCo should be a hernia inducing car park, anything less fucks with core values.

I’m feeling a group buy for the inductors :grin:

1 Like

When’s the CoCo ladder-DAC coming out?

Asking for a friend.*

*Obvious lie, I have no friends.

2 Likes

It’s going to use the Rabski 300B for the output stage

1 Like

I already have a friend who’s far cleverer than me who does DAC designs. I’ll stick to simple shit like valve amps.

Boo! Boo!

Found these. Rod Coleman kits. Been in me drawer for 6 or 7 years. Gonna do some soldering.
Then need to find space in my amps for them and the transformers etc.

3 Likes

Only read about these recently as they will be used in my pre. I really need to learn this stuff as I have an interest but have never really tried to sit down and learn properly.