eBay stuff (Part 1)

If you read it, shipping is at least double what is quoted.

Yes, I did read that, but it includes import duty, no?

If you notice, no pictures of the drive units, you may want to pay £1.2K for speakers not knowing how the units you can’t replace are, not me.

I have no interest in them whatsoever. I was merely correcting you comment regarding import duty.

Besides, delivery is £146 and he says double it, so £292. Import costs are about £160 and the speakers are £562.That looks like just over £1k to me.

$1,450 at an exchange rate of $1.25 to the £ is the likely conversion rate.

NO PICTURES OF THE DRIVE UNITS, WILL BE EXPENSIVE IF THEY DON’T WORK. :wink:

A very high risk purchase 10% chance of win 90% of not win

The Seller has been around the block, a simple request for driver identification / pics / impedance check would take 10 mins to do. They might be OK with lower valuation for shipping purposes? All of the above could be addressed with a phone call or email non?

5 Likes

The seller is a dealer, they are not to be trusted, they lie and arse-rape your wallet at the slightest request for information. I can read through your subtle defence of this monster. You all stick together don’t you?!

12 Likes

They look a bargain to me and I can’t see much risk. Would be asking if units are original and pics

1 Like

THERE ARE NO PICTURES OF THE DRIVE UNITS YOU CUNT!!!

4 Likes

The rule is they would have to be resold for what you paid for them too, so no chance of profit.

3 Likes

3 Likes

I’ve bought 3 sets of Type A’s in to the country. 1 from Denmark and a couple from the States. Generally the mark 2’s are less of a risk as they have the Phillips mid unit which has a cloth surround, so you are probably just up against re-foaming the bass which is pretty straightforward, the kit is about £28 from the States.

The MK3s have the SEAS mid with a foam surround and these are much more difficult. I was lucky and got some NOS drive units but the surrounds had gone sticky. Through a circuitous route HiFi Collective got a new batch made and I fitted a pair of these which were better than the NOS. Unfortunately they have run out with no more on the horizon.

This does not take into account Snells famous drive unit/crossover matching but they seem none the worse for it.

These look like they have potential and could work out well.

1 Like

Addendum

4 Likes

33d28b0c7b7dd96b617a03b4ad35b1a8

Only if you are selling it in the same place, otherwise wallet raping is encouraged.

1 Like

Like so

3 Likes

I wonder if they’re investment material…

6 Likes

Look at this on eBay:

BORDER PATROL DAC

This anyone’s?

Prety sure he is on most of the hifi fourms AOS, PFM, Wam etc

Seems to use the name johnny nocash on AOS/PFM

1 Like