eBay stuff (Part 2)

In case anyone with Aesthetix stuff already feels like spending more money.

2 Likes
5 Likes

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

Quality sales technique

https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=378514

4 Likes

Donā€™t waist my time :rofl:

3 Likes

:100: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

1 Like

Inspirational

9 Likes

Do you have Jamb block Ā· Partition block Ā· Lintel block Ā· Frogged brick block? Could you let me know the approximate age? Iā€™d like to buy 1 they are easy to post (Please be careful with packaging, crating is best or hand delivery. Thinking about it hand delivery would be best) Oh, are they CE certified? Sorry last question can you tell me the weight wet and dry? OK, actual last question in the picture the blocks seem to be outside, could you bring them indoors to acclimatize? Just a thought but when you deliver I get really sexy on Wednesdays and will deflower you. Please bring some cement - Iā€™m very busy so delivery tomorrow morning (Redruth) will be OK. Iā€™m allergic to flared trousers so please donā€™t wear them or winkle pickers or latex as you can wear mine - MWS

2 Likes

They were mine. Some profit made since I sold them!

1 Like

Same as I have and thatā€™s a very good price considering the rarity of a used Signature model in the UK. I have only ever seen the standard model for sale here.
An EU dealer has had one on eBay for ā‚¬10k for a while which is highly optimistic.

A Paradise phono over on PFM if anyone is looking for one.

2 Likes

Haha, I thought they were all selling them for the price they paid :joy:

Am off for some me time

heā€™s been trying to sell that for over 6 months and Iā€™m desperately trying to resist.

2 Likes

John is a great guy to deal with ā€¦

For folks requiring a little more that 6W a channel ā€¦ these are Superb mono amplifiers

Goodnessā€™ sake contact 'em direct - youā€™ll get a better price without thiefbay fees.

I have never seen the point of amps like that.
All the hassle of valves with none of the real benefits.
If you need that much power buy a sand amp.

Am I missing something ? In what sense is this amplifier ā€˜single-endedā€™ ? This from the HiFi Plus review (my bold):

The audio circuit of these amplifiers has just three elements, each as simple as possible, and each essential to the operation of the amplifier. A voltage gain amplifier (a single triode) is direct-coupled to a cathode coupled phase inverter (each phase handled by a single triode), which in turn drives the output stage. This drives two pairs of the aforementioned KT150s to deliver 300 Watts into eight ohms.

So the output stage is fed by two separate phases, and consists of two pairs of valves not one quad. Sounds awfully like push-pull to me. Not to mention the fact that a 300W gapped output transformer, as youā€™d need for single-ended (assuming itā€™s not parafeed) would be a two-man lift.

2 Likes

The one time I heard a Neiro, at @browellm 's place, it sounded terrible. Certainly donā€™t buy on spec, especially at that price!