eBay stuff (Part 2)

Which one did you hear, the power amp?

If I had the money, I’d buy it, but I don’t, so I wont. I will be sticking with my throw of the dice death amp, thinly disguised as an early BP.

Didn’t Jack have one of these?

Dunno, but @Adpully did AFAIK

1 Like

I thought so, about 7k if I remember right.

You will need to speak with Conrad Johnson further for the definitive …

Am sure Jack had the stereo power, much later design.

Updated…

1 Like

Only the ebay ad mentions SE, the CJ website blurb makes no mention that it is SE and as you say clearly describes push pull operation.

Looks like quite a nice EL84 amp for reasonable money…

1 Like

Yep I had one and I never managed to get it working well in my system whatever I tried.
It was the same one that Adam heard

1 Like

Neiro was hands down the biggest let down I ever heard I’m my hifi history. I was attempting to sell it on behalf of an unfortunate owner. Gutless wishy washy overpriced box that seemed to struggle to drive loudspeakers with 109db sensitivity.

6 Likes

Having just read the HiFi+ review of these amps it would appear that the reviewer Alan Sircom had gotten his Single 6922 per pair of output valves discombobulated with Single ended when listing its circuit topology.

“ The valve complement is fairly minimal, too, with just two 6922 tubes in the input and phase inversion stage, and two pairs of KT160s in each chassis.”

It appears the MAE merely cut and pasted the specs , containing the error, from the review.

I miss this kind of review. Veils added.

2 Likes

Luckily I had some me time yesterday.

So potentially it would be relegated to the workshop system, still want.

Pretty much my experience. I wanted to like it SO much. It’s a lovely looking and well built thing.

I did hear it sounding really good at Definitive on the end of some LVs but that doesn’t really count as they are doing some satanic black magic over there.

Vanessa mk 2 ? :heart_eyes:

Spare gears n belts are fairly easy to come by for them.
If the laser goes it gets a bit spendy though.

1 Like

Vanessa II - Return Of The Slag

1 Like

You’ve never known pain until you’ve stubbed your toe on one of these fuckers.

On the plus side they sound very nice

5 Likes