eBay stuff (Part 2)

Over £2k now, which still seems very cheap.
Still a day to go though

Time to try and ruin @Spenagio’s life again.

4 Likes

Total WAF.

Ah man. Just sat here talking about the fact we need more space. Kids bedrooms or something or other :roll_eyes:

Yes, bunk beds to make room for the speakers.

1 Like

I’m hoping to play the long game, rear extension that will be big enough for some full range speakers, 5 year plan if I’m realistic :neutral_face:

There will be 5 more years of this?

3 Likes

I hope there is enough room in there with all the furniture!

Basically, there is never enough room unless it’s a priority. If it is up to her then speakers will never be a priority!

1 Like

I fear this. Nothing short of a hypnotic intervention will change this.

3 Likes

Sonus Faber standmounts have been tolerated in our average UK living room, so my thoughts are scale up to floorstanding version, or ‘design’ in some big JBL/others. Space will likely be 8 x 5m, and because it’s an extension could be irregular shaped to suit acoustics. It will have to serve as a living space, and feature one wall of glass no doubt, but plenty of scope to make sound a priority :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

That normally happens when I mention hifi

Did anyone on here grab these and maybe like to move them on? Long shot I know…

1 Like

Now they’re very nice. Anybody know if they would work on the end of a BP 300B SE Amp in a small room ?

Edit: Ah, @ 89dB, 6Ohms, maybe not.

Yes @Spenagio those are the ones :ok_hand:

1 Like

You?

:smiley:

No not me :grinning:

1 Like

I quite like watching these auctions and seeing low ballers get their come uppance.

“He only out bid me by £50 (or whatever the increment is), and I didn’t have time to get another bid in”

Meanwhile the guy who had the balls to do it right (Bid once, Bid late, Bid your Max) probably wins for less than he was prepared to pay

1 Like

EBay isn’t hard. Last ten seconds stick your best bid on.
You lose, no time to be suckered into a rash overbid.
You win, no time to snipe [someone to rebid again to beat you].

I just forget to check in the last ten seconds, so it usually fails.