Entry level vinyl system for a friend

Yep, a bit like me when I started out, he’s realising budget is fucked.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/epos-es11-hifi-speakers/1377984293?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_ios&utm_medium=social&utm_source=ios_social

I have some heavy stands I could gift, anybody used these? Less screechy than the latest Kef etc.?

1 Like

Ariston RD80 TT with ADC ALT-1 tonearm and Shure M97 HE cartridge collect only from Oxford £225

Arcam Alpha amplifier (with tuner thrown in) £55 - as a starter

Heybrook HB3 speakers £350 - but collect only from Hartlepool

Comes in at a whisker over £600 - The HB3s were a lovely speaker, designed by Peter Comeau. The RD80 will happily run for years and a new JiCO stylus (when funds permit) will elevate the Shure’s performance. The Arcam Alpha will do for the time being.

3 Likes

Saw some h6 impulse speakers the other day on a site (maybe wam)

I have a nice theorems td145 with shire cart that could be £200

The Sony sut was selling or a nice reciever to do radio duties too and an amazon echo to plumb the iPhone Spotify in

Have sent this on, great speakers thank you

2 Likes

I’ve had a pair of these for a few years, used them in our last
house in a smaller room and they are good for their size, good balance between life and ‘liveability’ - BUT - the Heybrooks @topoxforddoc found sound like a much better fit for your friend, and they are superb for the money :+1:

1 Like

Isn’t JB selling his Luxman amp? Would look very nice in a starter system

1 Like

Good shout. Has a phono too, I believe

Might be worth asking guy if he has any ex demo or similar heco bookshelves or if sodders has and bits still for sale

He could get a quad 77 integrated for sub 200,but have no idea if they are any good

1 Like

And would look great in a retro system. Especially a vinyl setup.

Yep, that was on my list, will ask if still available

It does and it’s very good.

1 Like

Well, that’s that Sold then :+1:

I’ve suggested it, as the best option so let’s hope
He takes my advice. Plus the Heybrooks

1 Like

Denon DP-400 turntable. £299. Hyperfi

1 Like
1 Like

I could include free personal delivery to S on A :+1:

1 Like

What bookshelf will those Heybrooks fit onto?

NAD C558 £399
NAD C556. £249

1 Like